VJ 3156

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

VJ 3156

Post by chris lambert »

I am attempting to display an image of my car:

Eureka! It works. For others who want to show their images on the forum without bothering Ian each time, upload your images to http://www.photobucket.com
Chris
Last edited by chris lambert on Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Then what?! is it obvious? involves chips by the sound of it :x
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Toby.
The web site takes you through the uploading process. After you have the images you wanted uploaded they will display on a slide show page. You will see laid out below each image a series of options. Click on the direct link option and a yellow label will appear that says 'copied'.
Go to the forum page on which you want to post the image and type your message in the normal way. Then insert the bracket as indicated in Ian's earlier post. Next go to the 'Page' icon which is normally located on the second from top line on your browser page. Open up the drop down menu and click 'paste' and the link will appear. Finally click image once more and the link is ready to activate. Click submit and all things being equal your post will appear! Its Magic.
Chris
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

Chris.
That sounds really easy, to people that know what they are doing, to me it might as well be in Chinese. :? :?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This is cool. I'm going to try to paste a picture from Grovestreet which is where the 2001 VMR rally pics are deposited. Here goes:

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.j ... id=1193916

Well, I tried to put the address between img and /img and that didn't work. So I put it between url and /url and it kinda worked. It provides a clickable link which takes you to the pic.

I'll try again...

http://www.grovestreet.com/servlet/View ... 916&cd=882

Just the same. Got to dash out for a bit - back in a mo.

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=1193915

http://www.grovestreet.com/servlet/View ... 915&cd=688

Nope - it seems that it is not possible to do this through Grovestreet - there is no direct link capability and the forum isn't recognizing the link as an image.

So I'll have a go with Photobucket...

Blimey - it worked! I notice the direct link ends in .jpg - unlike the Grovestreet links, which is probably why Grovestreet hotlinking doesn't work.

If people can get the hang of this it will save VMR webspace.

Oh, in case you are wondering, this is the bridge of Queen Mary 2 docked in Southampton at Eastern Docks, and not a ship's wheel in sight.

Here is what the Photobucket page looks like when you have uploaded a pic. You can see the Direct Link you need to copy by the photo - in this case - 1317800x600 etc.

Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

ImageI am just trying this to see if even I can do it!!! :shock:
Well, is there nothing that I can't do. :shock: :shock:
In case you are wondering, this is another photo taken in Ireland last year, looks like it was a drinks stop.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Only 24 hours to learn "Chinese"-very impressive!
Toby

Post by Toby »

WOW! :o Well done sir. Must have a go too! This is clearly easy to do if 1930s car owners are capable.
chris lambert

Re: VJ 3156

Post by chris lambert »

'Loaded' with somewhere to go!
VJ is loaded up for her trip to Cranfield tomorrow where her new hood will be fitted next week. The tarpaulin will be removed for the journey but will protect the cockpit from the elements overnight. Good God, I've just given my car a female identity - get a grip Lambert!

Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Chris, have you definitely checked the car in detail;- they can be very difficult to sex. Mine all appear to be male and if you ever fancy the rumble of tiny tyres, and VJ turns out to be female.... (not sure about mixing ohc & sv genes though, perhaps you'd get a landrover type with mixed ohv/sv?) Can't wait to see a picture of (her) completed hood.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Toby,
It's definitely trickier than mice! Perhaps I did get it wrong as a caption to the photo could read; "Is that a calormeter under your tarpaulin or are you just pleased to see me?

I spent a very interesting hour at Allon Whites and established that the hood is going to made by the Trim Shop Manager's Dad who has been making hoods for yonks and maybe even longer! I had about 12 or 15 photos of contemporary cars, including those used in the 1931 Morris Catalogue and the artists impressions used in the original ads for the car. (I ommitted the original press release image as it shows a prototype with a totally different hood to that fitted to production cars) I had no dimensions to give him and so the geometry of the hood frame is going to be the governing factor although the wooden 'horseshoe' can be doctored to suit. I also had images of Ian's 'Bed Pan' with the skeletal hood frame in place and also with the hood up. Apparently this will be Shaun's father's last hood as he retires to Spain in May.

Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Collected Veejay today from Cranfield, a horrible journey up the A14 and across country on the A428. The sight of my car more than made up for the awful trip to collect it. Allon White have made a really good job of it and I am delighted with the result. I am missing a couple of chromed knurled nuts, hence the silver tape on the pivots. I am sure the purists will moan that the original didn't have a tonneau cover and that the rear window is too large, but I specifically wanted those for practical and safety reasons. Nothing that can't be changed back when I pass custody of the car onto someone else.
Chris

Last edited by chris lambert on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Martin

Post by Ken Martin »

Chris
It looks absoltely wonderful!
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Chris, A wonderful job - well done. It is the best tonneau I have seen on a small HP car. I must take a photograph of my two seater with the hood up and windown in place. At 6'3" I cannot get into the car with the hood up. I have to get my left leg in first - bum against the back of the seat, right leg in and then slide down into sitting possition. To think 50 years ago we got up to all sort of things!!!!!! Chris - could you do an overhead photo of the tonneau? Alister.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Alister,
Is this image any good for your purpose?
Edited to add: Were the 'sorts of things' referred to, carried out with the hood up or down? :shock: :wink:

Chris
Last edited by chris lambert on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.