1930 SV "boat-tailed" minor for sale !

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Tony Gamble

1930 SV "boat-tailed" minor for sale !

Post by Tony Gamble »

Hi All

In the "Classic Motor Monthly" December issue is an advert - I think from George Bryne in Somerset - for a SV "Boat-tailed" Minor. Not sure whether this is one of his CMS vehicles [ SV ? ]

His contact No. is 01458 223359 if anyone is interested.

Tony Gamble
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Tony,

This is interesting. He sold one of his two about five or six months ago to Robin Harcourt-Smith who is now winning VSCC awards with it. I wonder if he is selling the other now. The one he sold had the OHC engine and was the more original of the two. The one he still has is fitted with a SV engine and a modified rear end. I'll give him a call over the holidays some time and report mack. Thanks for the tip.

Now, where did I put my sherry?
Toby

Post by Toby »

The engine for this came from me, I think. He had some minor parts that I wanted so a deal was struck! I have an original cms body frame plus parts cut to make a new one-yet another project I should sell!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Toby,

You have a couple of CMS frames? One is original? Do you know which chassis it came off? Presumably these are nothing to do with Enriques Llinares who ran off a batch from an original years ago. Herbert Blair has a Llinares replica on his UR 4904 which has been stored away for years, as does Moss Upton in Oz. I think Llinares used the body which is now on Les Simpson's 1929 chassis as his pattern. This original body was originally on MU 2005 which went to Barry Bone, and is now presumably just another Minor in M Type clothing...
Toby

Post by Toby »

This appears to be a genuine original as it has paint and nail holes from the cladding! Originated in Bristol around 15-20 years ago. I also have the remains of a one off special built by an employee of Morris motors, don't get excited, it came from Roland Smith and what was left had been left out a long time! Must unload these gems sometime!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

Is that the Roland Smith who used to come to the Seven Stars back in the seventies? My God! I lost contact with him probably over thirty years ago!

Are you still in contact with him? I doubt if he would remember me. I was just a student with a beat up old Morris 8 tourer at the time.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I believe he moved to cornwall some toime ago now. He was a regular in the MR Journals from the '60s that I am reading! Could "where's Roland" be a new topic?!!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Do you have any photos of your CMS frame Toby?
Toby

Post by Toby »

Will see what I can do. It's not easy to access, ie in amongst a pile of stuff in a roof!!! :( I am waiting for an interested reply from someone before moving it out. When I have time I will try as I have decided to sell, (to a vmr member if poss.)
Toby

Post by Toby »

Here goes my attempt at chinese. Witness my glory as I display the cms body frame!Image
Toby

Post by Toby »

OK so it's a bit big and the other is missing. Lets try again.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

Wonderful shots! The reason some of the forum pages are too wide for your PC monitor is because of the large pics. If you have the technology, resize to about 80 or 1000 pixels wide before photobucketing them!

Are you sure you don't know what chassis this body came off? It would be wonderful to trace it.

Looks like an awesome project for someone without a body. Not so sure about the Lambretta though. :lol:
Toby

Post by Toby »

No idea what chassis, sadly. If anyone who owned it before is reading this then let Ian know! It's not a lambretta, it,s an unusual James, with docs, any takers in the grand clear out!!!!!!!! :?: