Jack Blyth's 80th Birthday

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Jack Blyth's 80th Birthday

Post by Ian Grace »

Just a quick heads up that 27th April is founding and Honorary Member Jack Blyth's 80th Birthday. Jack famously attended our inaugural Summer Rally in 2001 in Biggleswade, bringing with him a back pack full of spares for members. (That was just weeks before 9/11 - I doubt if he could do that today.)

Jack has just moved into an assisted living home, but is still very actively driving his 1929 fabric saloon, taking it to a number of Morris Centenary events this year. There will be more news on Jack shortly.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Jack Blyth's 80th Birthday

Post by Ian Grace »

Jack's Birthday is tomorow (Saturday). I have placed a bit of a tribute to him on the home page. If anyone would like to e-mail him and wish him a Happy Birthday, his e-mail address is jackblyth@xtra.co.nz.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Jack replies:

"Thank you Ian and the VMR.

Its 9.30am here and I am having a party in a small hall for 55 of my friends and relatives tonight. I am enjoying my new life in a large retirement village with little housework, no gardening or lawns and lots of social events. Next Saturday I am driving the Minor to Ashburton, 50 miles south to parade through the town with a large number of Morris cars as part of the centenary year events."

Many happy returns, Jack! :D :D :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This just in from Jack:

"Just spent the last hour reading all those articles of mine on the website, many of which I forget writing.

The South Island tour has been the highlight of my 42 years in the Vintage car club and I no longer plan to circumnavigate the North Island, although my car will one day end up in my sons classic collection in Taupo."