Morris Register South Coast Run 21st April 2013

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

plj

Morris Register South Coast Run 21st April 2013

Post by plj »

Entries from VMR members welcomed for this the oldest event on the MR calendar. Originally the "London to Brighton", beginning in the early '60's, the event gradually moved it's starting point from the West end of London to the North Downs of Surrey as traffic conditions deteriorated and regulations proliferated. For this Centenary season of Morris cars the route runs from Box hill in Surrey through Surrey and Sussex villages to the coast at Shoreham. It then follows the coast road to finish behind the superb "Art Deco" Saltdean Lido. A special commemorative horse brass is being commissioned for each entrant. For an entry form, or further information, please e-mail philipbutland@yahoo.co.uk
plj

Re: Morris Register South Coast Run 21st April 2013

Post by plj »

29 entries now, including 5 Minors one of which is a very early £100er, I will be fully equipped with measuring devices, camera and sketch pad to help with putting mine back on the road. Anyone at a loose end on 21st April is welcome to join us.

Regards,
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Morris Register South Coast Run 21st April 2013

Post by Ian Grace »

Splendid news! Take plenty of photos - I shall expect a Full Report on my desk on Monday morning. :wink: