Christmas and New Year Meeting Place

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here you go, Alister. Great photo! I see you have your long-range tank fitted for your trip down from Lapland!

I must also say that this is an extremely smart Minor 2-seater. There seems to be many more excellent SV Minor restorations about these days than OHCs.

Toby

Santa is a Scotsman!

Post by Toby »

Excellent photo, car looks very tidy too. Nice colour co-ordination, did santa have his outfit made at the same time as the restoration? :lol:Have you heard the "santa is a Scotsman" song?
Hope everyone had a great christmas, looking forward to minoring in the new year plus finishing the saloon!!!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby. See the home page. I just volunteered you to buy free beers for anyone turning up at the Phoenix in a Minor tomorrow. Now watch hundreds of Moggie Thousands come out of the woodwork! :lol:
Toby

Post by Toby »

If thats what it takes to get those pre wars out and about then so be it, will forward my expense sheet to vmr hq! :P Talking off those post war minors... maybe that's what the vscc thought you meant, hence the decision. Anyway it would be fun to see it overrun with 'em :lol:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Happy New Year to all in Oz, NZ, Europe, India and the UK! But it is still the old year here in Michigan!
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Happy New Year to all Morris motorists the world over from deepest darkest West Wales!!

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! (Kitty did this bit for me!)

Cheers
Jeremy
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This from Kenji Matsuoka in Japan, who wishes us all a Happy New Year. This is his club, the Kobe MG Car Club which held their twentieth anniversary party on November 3 at the Nishinomiya Yacht Harbor. This is his M Type at the meet.

Toby

Post by Toby »

Happy new year one and all! I was more than relieved to see that there were no minors of any description at the Pheonix meet. More of that in the events section if you want to know who I met and what I saw! Therefore no beer buying was required, except for this old sort who touched me for a couple of pints, she was in the minor with me so I suppose she earned them! Here is the only minor in attendance, with Mrs. Toby.
Highlander

Brooklands, New Years Day.

Post by Highlander »

Like Toby I was the only Minor at Brooklands today, I have photos but will have to wait for a granddaughter to come over to "post" it. A very good turn out of over 150 interesting vehicles and the same post war. Saw Richard Bird in his original morris 10? Have we asked him to help in our new Morris Club? Happy New Year to you all, Alister.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

If that is the Texaco station next to the Phoenix behind you, it looks like the car park overflowed considerably, which presumably means that there was a goods turnout. Pity about the damp conditions, but well done for turning out.
David Whittle

The White Horse - Harwell

Post by David Whittle »

As I only finished fitting halfshafts and rear wheel bearings at 12.30pm on 01.01.08 I gave up thoughts of the Phoenix at H/W and motored to the White Horse at Harwell Oxon. This is a local (to me) old car meeting place for all old car enthusiasts combining the Austin 7 & 12 Clubs, the MG Car Club, the VSCC, plus anyone else who wants to come. Normal (non New Years) Meetings are the first Tuesday in the Month, usualy from 07.30 - 10.00pm

The Minor was the only Morris amongst about 30 vintage cars including 2 prewar Astons, MG PAs, a Lagonda, a 25hp RR, Lea Francis, and as usual about 5 Austin 12/4 Saloons. The Minor ran well, and recieved many faverable comments! :)
OHC 1929 Tourer WE6554