Christmas and New Year Meeting Place

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

To be accurate, 10,000 feet is nearer two miles but the 1.89 mile high club just doesn't have the same ring to it!
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

I can hear it now.......

"Ladies and Gentlemen we are experiencing slight turbulance so please remain seated. The pilot will be in full control just as soon as he has checked the VMR forum for updates. "
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hello, I see Sam Christie just popped in. Happy Christmas, Sam!

Here's a photo of our Christmas bar - spot the English beers, Branston pickle, Christmas pud from Suffolk, no less.

What will you have, chaps?

Oh, and here's a sneak preview of what Santa is bringing Jayne for Christmas ...

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Santa
halbe

fanmail

Post by halbe »

Hello

Never knew Mrs. Piggy was such a big fan of all things concerning minor's.

Best wishes for 2008 and many sunny,troublefree miles from holland(Europe)

Halbe :lol:
Highlander

Christmas Greetings

Post by Highlander »

Dear Ian Seems a lack of Scotlands finest on your table!! Mines a double. Sorry I missed you all in the pub - dont known why - I was the tall fellow in the corner with white beard and kilt - next time I will wear a white carnation and sit under the clock!!! I will be going my Father Christmas act tomorrow and Christmas day in the minor so may have a picture for you all. Happy Christmas to you all and Happy Motoring in 2008. Yours, Aye, Alister.
Highlander

Christmas Greetings

Post by Highlander »

Dear Ian Seems a lack of Scotlands finest on your table!! Mines a double. Sorry I missed you all in the pub - dont known why - I was the tall fellow in the corner with white beard and kilt - next time I will wear a white carnation and sit under the clock!!! I will be going my Father Christmas act tomorrow and Christmas day in the minor so may have a picture for you all. Happy Christmas to you all and Happy Motoring in 2008. Yours, Aye, Alister.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Alister,

Single malts are my favourite, but I usually get a bottle or two for Christmas - hence the current vacant spots!

Lucky to be able to pop in for a quick winter warmer this morning - we were woken up suddenly night before last by a gale that sprang up from nowhere. Took down countless trees and they took all the power lines down. 117,000 people in the area without power. Called the elec company - estimate to repair: midnight Dec 25th! Not funny with the house temp falling rapidly towards the outside temp of 19 degrees F. Got up, got the log fire going then fought my way through blinding, blowing snow to get more logs for the fire. Got to the garden center to see the last truckload of logs being loaded into someone's SUV. Apparently the owner had a few more left round the back, but they had to be dug out of the snow. Windchill now down to 3 degrees F. Drove back home with a boot full of logs. Downed trees and stranded vehicles everywhere. Came up the drive to see all the lights on in the house! YEAH!!! :D :D :D
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Snow, wind chill, fantastic, no electricity fantastic well it would keep the kids away from the Playstation and TV!!!

Merry Christmas one and all

Jeremy
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Best wishes and a happy Christmas to all in VMR land from North Suffolk U.K.

Chris
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

A merry Christmas to everybody from rural Bedfordshire.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

And a very merry Christmas and great motoring New Year from VMR HQ!
prharris25

Post by prharris25 »

....AND MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM HAMPSHIRE TO ALL VINTAGENTS EVERYWHERE. JUST OFF TO START THE 10/4 !
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Merry Christmas from Minor owners in Surrey. 10am and I am off in the minor in Father Christmas outfit to local childrens hospital and then all my mate homes full of grandchildren. It is raining here and I cannot get in and out of the minor with the hood up so what the hell it is Christmas!! May I wish everyone a healthy New Year, Alister.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well I did get two bottles - a Laphroaig, and a Caol Ila which I have not had before. Both Islay malts.

After the blizzards, today started grey and dead calm, and now the sun is coming out - looks like a real Christmas card scene outside.

Jayne was supposed to be working 3 to 11 today so we had our turkey yesterday, but just had a call from the hospital - they are one over-staffed on her ward today so she got relieved, so we can now drink as we won't be driving!

Cheers everyone! :D
Highlander

Farther Chrisdtmas 2007.

Post by Highlander »

Alister has just sent a photograph have you got it please?