Christmas and New Year Meeting Place

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Post by Toby »

Hang on isn't that trevor and chris over there? we could be about to break the record for most users at one time. I'm in the minor so I'll just have a small diet coke lads. :wink:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Post by Toby »

Hi trevor, this is quite bizarre seeing you here. sorry but got a bath going cold! next time I must check users first, then look in here before everything else! The saying includes slang for breasts as well as chips and wheels but i cleaned it up for the vmr, (especially the cammy owners! :lol: )
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

The great thing about this place is that it serves all the right food and drink with the right company and the right atmosphere, dare I say probably the best meeting place in the world......!!!!!
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Toby - Mines a pint of Nelson's Revenge if you are buying - oh he's not, half of mild please landlord. Just as well the fires ablaze, as its flipping freezing out there - which reminds me I must run the engine on the Semi-sports tomorrow, it hasn't turned a piston for 10 days.
Toby

Post by Toby »

saw you all through the window as I was leaving so just popped back in to say that you're right, it is freezing, this is the place to be seen and I too should fettle pj5155 for the new year! Also I popped back as I think we broke the record for most users online. I have a nice shield here to commemorate the occasion. I'll get the landlord to put it up over by the bar billiard table, on my way out, cheerio.
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Whilst the Minors rear hubs are in bits I have been taking the MG out, I can recommend it but wrap warm - I made one extra stop to warm my hands in a hot air dryer! Motoring open top in the frost - can't beat it. Need a nice hot drink after that!
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Ok so I should not have mentioned MG's what a way to clear the pub out!
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

As far as a name for our local Toby - how about:

The nutters and dolts!

That just about covers most of us who frequent this cyber watering hole!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just reached the half way point with M 130 - 20 sides ready for printing, 20 to go. No where did I leave my pint?

Toby, is your MG VA still for sale? Just doing M 130 Marketplace. If so, can you let me have a photo or two?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, Trevor, it looks like closing time - see you tomorrow!
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

Hi Toby

Next time you are in you must let me have the complete "if it's got wheels, chips or ****** :?: you'll have trouble with it"
Toby

Post by Toby »

Hi all, as it's a pub I guess I can reveal all to Trevor if i whisper in his ear, oy, Trevor- I'm over here, pssst, ... it was originally if its got wheels or tits you'll have trouble with it but my lodger added the chips coz he worked with computers! The VA is still for sale, its a shame the usual outlandish e bay prices weren't reached when we tried to sell it!!! A guy is coming from Germany to view on the 31st and a couple of others are interested, including one who wants the VA, YA and YB as a package. I suspect I'll be sending you some photos though!!! See, if its got wheels... Like the nutters and dolts, not bad Chris. Must be going soon as I have my "works do" tonight.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Bl**dy typical, I whisper that to trevor and he walks out. Probably going to get some fresh air.
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

Sorry I had to go Toby, had to see a man about a turkey.
I won't be back tonight, have got the local village club "members night", free drinks 'n all.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just sitting in the Airbus A340 simulator and logging on to the VMR website at the same time as flying at 10,000 ft - how cool is that?! Does that make me the first member of the VMR Mile High Club? Must dash, shooting approach into JFK and the weather is sh*t!