New Year's Day

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

New Year's Day

Post by Ian Grace »

We will be meeting on New Year's Day at the Crooked Billet, Honey Hill near Wokingham, once again in association with our friends at the the Bean Car Club. Directions will be included in a short Newsletter to go out later today.

If anyone is attending any other New Year's day meets, or even just planning to take their car for a spin, do please take your camera along as I have allocated space in M 145 for New Year's Day photos.
Toby

Re: New Year's Day

Post by Toby »

Unusual happenings at the white buck, burley. Lots of cars but less than usual, more bizarrely an unknown (to me) saloon which I assume resides in the area somewhere. left note on it for the driver to see if we can get another local minor out on the pub meets or the proposed noggin. Hopefully it is known to the vmr? but from some other area of the country at some point in the past. Add to this that it gave a figure of 2 minors and 2 austin 7s present as the 7s seem to have been lured somewhere else! :shock: The mystery minor also sported the unidentified aluminium backplates that my car was fitted with. :?
Glorious weather and some good shots of my inlaws with the car on the roads through the forest. I am being herded away from the computer so photos will follow!!!!!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
garagiste

Post by garagiste »

The meeting at The Harp at Old Radnor was well attended but no VMR cars were there.

Having company we used the Alvis (4 in an M type is a bit of a squeeze!). Bill Piggott having sold both his M type and ohc Minor was there in a very smart Riley 9, one of four present. The light cars were provided by an early Talbot and a Singer. The Collings family provided the Edwardians a 60hp Mercedes and the Zust tourer. In addition there was a very large Austin trials special. Peter Cox kept the MG end up in the late Bev Hicks 18/80.

No rain, not much sunshine, and a lot colder than of late.

Happy and healthy 2013 to all.

David Hinds.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Toby

Post by Toby »

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

Super pictures - thanks! And what fantastic weather! I have been reading about the floods across the UK and the fact that 2012 was the wettest year since records began. We were also SOOO lucky with our Summer rally weekend back in July when most other events had had to be cancelled.

No record of this SV saloon - let's hope the owner makes contact.

Ian
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

Although the annual Barrington event was "cancelled" because the green was waterlogged we and many others still turned up. Parking was a bit mixed with moderns taking up lots of the available spaces, in the pub car park,village hall car park and on the road through the village. Beautiful weather and the usual mix of cars, only saw one other Minor belonging to Roger Lucke but I didn't venture far from the pub.
This year for the first time there was an outside bar serving hot mulled wine, soup or coffee and to keep warm there was an adjacent fire pit.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Wonderful pictures - thanks Trevor. This used to be my local VSCC pub when we were living in Sawtry.

And what GLORIOUS weather - the same here today as well.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's the view from our front garden today. Cloudless except for a bit of fog in the valley. That's Haystack opposite - rises to just over 4,000 ft and the snow line is around 2,000 ft at present.

Let's hope that this all bodes well for a glorious summer!

KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

What a wonderful view you have Ian !

Cheers
Kartik