New gears?

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

New gears?

Post by Toby »

Has anyone come across new gears, shafts or bearings/bushes for 3 speed sv box? (or others). I have a vague lead on a company who are reputed to have quoted £70 to make and harden a straight cut motorcycle gear. I want to overhaul a box but don't know of parts availability or original spec etc. Any ideas, anyone interested?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

You might want to have a word with Paul Rogers. A while ago I sold him a complete set of UNUSED gears from a 3-speed box which came from Roger Payn's collection when he sold his tourer. Roger was the Morris Register spares man back in the sixties and gathered these into his collection from the old Clare's Motor Works in South London, that Aladdin’s cave sadly long gone. If he hasn't used them yet, they would make great patterns. Not sure if they would be identical to your SV 3-speed gears but definitely worth checking. Paul is at morrisnutter@hotmail.com
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Toby

Before Kevin Morrisson emigrated to Cyprus he "bequeathed" me a bucketful of the "insides" of several three speed gearboxes , gears , shafts, the lot !

You are welcome to sort out a good set sometime !

Tony Gamble.
:)