Looking ahead

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Looking ahead

Post by Ian Grace »

Summer Rally 2008 - Norfolk/Suffolk

Summer Rally 2009 - possibly in concert with VSCC's 75th in Malvern?

Summer Rally 2010 - our Tenth Anniversary Rally! Where shall we meet?
Toby

Post by Toby »

I'm biased, how about Dorset! How about Wales? lovely roads around south/mid Wales but a bit hilly!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Peatling Magna was an excellent little rally and had the benefit of being located 'somewhere around the middle'.To date, that is about as far north as we have ventured. I suppose its all about where most members live and how many can be tempted to drive or trailor their cars a couple of hundred miles. Me, I'd like to explore the Derbyshire Dales.
Chris
PS Tony Gamble might 'come out to play' if we do that! How about it Tony?
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Whilst I think Wales would be an excellent home for the VMR Summer Rally I recognise the distance that many would have to travel. Dorset was 220 miles each way for us!

The Derbyshire Dales sounds like a good spot, another option could be the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District but they are perhaps too far for the southern members. How about France one year? Motor-rail to Nice anyone?
Trevor Wilkinson

Post by Trevor Wilkinson »

Without a trailer 180 miles is about the comfortable limit for me, I would consider further but prefer less
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Actually, VMR 2009 may not be in Malvern - since our SV members and other thirties friends would not be permitted to enter! Also, I think it is going to have to coincide with our daughter's M.Sc. graduation, so we'll have to see what course she selects and what the graduation week is before firming up. But either way, it would be good to have a strong Minor contingent at Malvern, and there will be Light Car events woven into the week.