Lodge Park, Sherborne

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Lodge Park, Sherborne

Post by Ian Grace »

I've been talking with the National Trust about Lodge Park, near Sherborne, between Cheltenham and Oxford - for reasons that will become clear to our Scenic Tourists in a couple of weeks!

Their Visitor Services Co-ordinator has been extremely helpful, and once we had concluded our business, he asked me if I might be interested in assembling a number of vintage cars at Sherborne on Saturday 8th September. On this day, they are holding a Heritage Day at the Lodge and he would like to put on a 'heritage' display of some sort, and vintage cars seemed a great possibility - parked neatly on the lawns in front of the house. Entry would be FREE for all attending the vintage cars gathering on the day.

I'll have more details next week, but for now, I'm thinking that this might make a great day out this autumn for us, as it is quite central and would also present a superb photo opportunity for our cars. Perhaps we could organize an autumn picnic in the grounds, or there is likely to be all sorts of other catering services there on the day.

As a Club, we enjoy great relations with the the National Trust, and they very generously provide free access to a number of their properties and gardens each year for our Summer Rallies. Here's an opportunity to return the compliment.

I'll post more news here as plans develop, but for now, if anyone would like, in principle, to say that they would come along, please let me know.

You can find Lodge Park at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lodgepark
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Lodge Park, Sherborne

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's a photo Lodge Park sent to me today to show where they propose to park us.

They report:

"We are currently exploring an option regarding a vintage Fair within the house, so there is the potential for a really good celebratory day. I attach an image of lodge to give you an idea of what would be the backdrop to a collection of heritage vehicles."

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Lodge Park, Sherborne

Post by Ian Grace »

Lodge Park is THIS SATURDAY!