New years Day

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

minordg325

New years Day

Post by minordg325 »

Sorry, this year there is no meeting at Adstock,Bucks. There is a new one at The Masons Arms 3 miles north of Chipping Norton on the A361 to Banbury . I think my daughter is taking the Morris and I should be in the Delage. Clive H-G
chris lambert

New years day 2008

Post by chris lambert »

Are there any Minorists or come to that any other readers/members of this forum considering attending the VSCC Swan at Hoxne (Suffolk) new years day bash? Let me know if you are.
Chris
Toby

New years day meet

Post by Toby »

I know it's been mentioned elsewhere but if you're looking at this topic and you're in the Berks/Hants area then please join me at the vscc meet at the pheonix, Hartley Witney on new years day lunchtime. It would be superb to have more than my minor to photograph and report on for the mag! It would also be great to meet up with members in the area that I havn't met. Let me know if you're coming. themings@yahoo.co.uk or by phone- 0118 9421946/ 07790 533619. Toby
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The dreaded lurgi prevented me from joining my fellow Anglians at the Royal Oak at Barrington, and so had a swift pint at my local VSCC meet at the Swann Inn at Hoxne before getting back to the comfort of my sofa to watch Chelsea thrash Fulham 2-1! On a grey, damp and cold day only 25 prewar cars attended and just one light car. Unfortunately it was one of those things from Longbridge. The Wherry beer compensated somewhat. The most interesting vehicle was a semi completed 1920's Packhard that dwarfed the A7 that was parked next to it.

So no Minors to show you, even my hoodless Semi-sports stayed in the garage I am ashamed to say.
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Chris, get well soon!

Two super photos - thanks. Nothing from Toby yet, he's probably washing glasses to pay for all that beer he supplied at the Phoenix! :lol:
Toby

Post by Toby »

Oi, some of us have been washing the grime off, after using and promoting Minors! Sad to say not a single minor of any era during our time at the Phoenix! Arrived at 1.00ish and left at 2.15ish, loads and loads of cars, bikes, trucks and vans. All makes and models but not as many prewars as I hoped. Much 50's and 60's, around 8 pre war Austins plus 2 bullnoses (too crowded for photos) plus the usual exotica. Many E, P, and XK Jags for Linda to dream about!!! (no way!) Met up with Roger Clitheroe, Chilterns Chairman of the Morris Register and some Noggin Regulars including Pat (Guthrie?) and Wilf ...? Who are VMR Members. Not an MG man but here's a couple of MGs for you all, plus evidence of use for the electric spoke cleaner I bought for Linda at Christmas! Didn't have time to use it fully but when I do, and if it's any good, then will post report on technical page :lol: Happy New Year. Toby and Linda Sears
PS you can resize on photobucket!!!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: New years Day

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

Your efforts in organizing a New Year's VMR Meet at the Phoenix have not gone unrecognized:

http://www.phoenixinn.co.uk/pages/events.html

If you download the 'car shchdule' it looks like there is a Morris meet there every first Monday? Is that you?! :D
Toby

Post by Toby »

Sadly I am not marked by the hand of God for such greatness. That'll be the bullnose lot, maybe, but I thought they met at the Hatchgate. By the way, the wheel washer is pants. (that's modern talk for c**p) :x
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Have some photos of my minor at Brooklands New Years Day but unable to post them - will have to wait for a grandchild to come over and do it!!!! Re EMS - Have you thought of asking Roger Bird on board? A fountain of knowledge re Morris and I am sure he has every mnorris on a file somewhere. Just a thought, Alister.