Brooklands. New Years Day

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

Brooklands. New Years Day

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Happy New Year to All.

Great New years Day at Brooklands. Two years back I went to Brooklands on a bright sunny crisp New Years meet and met up with Highlander and his Minor. I was able to send in a good photo which is still on the forum. Last year I was unable to attend through ill health. I went yesterday on a dull and overcast day and was totally surprised by the turnout, the paddock was full of vintage with a lot more parked around the outside and round the back of the clubhouse, the old finishing straight and the banking were packed with more up to date classics. On top of that all the 40 odd cars for the London to Cape town rally were being scrutinised in the section by the paddock sheds. They all left starting at 4pm. Raining hard by then. Brooklands I believe had by about 11.45am sold over 2000 tickets and people were still pouring in despite the weather. I was hoping to be able to take a picture of a Morris Minor for the forum as I have before but alas after walking round the site about 4 times was unable to find one. Sorry, maybe have my own there next year. Mike
Highlander

Re: Brooklands. New Years Day

Post by Highlander »

Sorry Mike I was unable to attend this year as I was with Molly nat a three night Dancing bash in Maidstone, this took in New Years Eve and I was fit for nothing the next morning. Happy to still be Scottish Dancing three night running with all the drinking and eating that goes with it!!! A Happy New Year to you all. Highlander.
Eberhard

Re: Brooklands. New Years Day

Post by Eberhard »

Bull****. I´m living in the wrong country... 8)

Happy New Year from Germany!

Eberhard