LCES Welsh Weekend 2012

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

lee_rob

LCES Welsh Weekend 2012

Post by lee_rob »

Hey everyone,

How many of you are planning on entering next years welsh weekend? I have done it the past two years, once in a Singer junior Porlock and last year in my Austin 7 Boat Tail. I intend to try and support the Morris group this year and take the Minor as there seems to be an abundance of Austin sevens. I think we should try and make a significant entry next year... :D

Lee
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: LCES Welsh Weekend 2012

Post by Ian Grace »

Lee,

We usually manage a resonable turnout at LCES events. We have had as many as twelve vintage Minors on an LCES Welsh, but the numbers have slipped back a bit in recent years - now more usually about three or four - and about thirty Sevens!

However, I'm trying to go for a big attendance push all round next year, so I'll redouble the cheerleading for the Light Car events in the New Year - starting with the Welsh.

Do you have a buff form for BF from the OPO yet?
lee_rob

Post by lee_rob »

Hi Ian,

No buff form as yet its next on my list of things to do, what's OPO ??

Lee
ashford

Post by ashford »

what's OPO ??
The OLD POST OFFICE

VSCC headquarters
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The date is Saturday 31st March/Sunday 1st April, and based once again at the Metropole Hotel, Llandrindod Wells.

A road-based event will kick things off on the Saturday, taking in stunning scenery to lunch and then hopefully then back again for the legendary Section Annual Dinner and presentation of awards at the Metropole. Starting early on Sunday there will be a sporting trial, based as usual in the beautiful local countryside and finishing in time for lunch. All in all the highlight of the Light Car motoring year and an event not to be missed!

Entries close 13th March. For more information and entry, or to volunteer to marshal, e-mail the Competition Secretaries Francine Pimpeton and Stewart Rich at srichgn@yahoo.co.uk.
lee_rob

Post by lee_rob »

Well I have applied for a Buff form and entered the LCES welsh weekend, lets just hope the car holds together lol