First Anniversary for VMR Forum

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

brianm

Re: First Anniversary for VMR Forum

Post by brianm »

this is brian maeers who is surprised to see his name on the site as presently browsing. i have no certaintity that i can respond as i am not com literate but here goes. ihave not been able to read any forum letters mure recent than nov 07. i was so very moved though to read so much passion. if this goes through i will try to maintain contact particularly about the spring meet at peatling magna .b m .
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Brian

Great to see you joining us. Well done to master the "demon" computer !

Tony G
brianm

Post by brianm »

dear tony.cant believe getting your reply.thanks. also i have discovered about pages 1 2 3 . tomorrow i will read pages 2 and 3. am about to sup with a vscc comittee member...b m
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hello Brian,

Welcome to this great little Forum! I processed your Forum registration the other day and more recently espied you online one evening. Glad you have mastered the beast! You can tell that threads have multiple pages not only by the 1, 2, 3, etc. on the right hand side, but also by the round symbols on the left - the ones that show red when there is a new post. They appear to scroll when there are multiple pages.

How is Dorothy? When will she be out of hospital and be able to play again?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Brian,
I'm glad you found out how to access the forum - there is lots of interesting stuff on here, beats waiting to get the magazine every three months. (always worth the wait though!) Hoping you can make it to this years rally. Which car will you be using?
Regards,
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

1500 posts as of tonight, and as February ends. That's about 1,200 in the last 4 months, or an average of about 10 a day in that period, up from less than one a day for the first year of the Forum! That's more than 1,000% better! :D :D :D
brianm

Post by brianm »

dear ian thanks for asking after dorothy .she is in the good care of dav cooksey for engine rebuild and new carriage springs also repairs to ash frame as necessary.also in the brief to look at everything else that may need tlc. i should get her back march. she will d.v. be at summer rally . it is my intention to have prudence there as well. rgds brian m.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Brian,

Wish her a speedy recovery from all of us!

Ian
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Another new record for the forum today as eight of us were surfing it's pages at the same time.
Chris
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Eight on line at a time - and I missed it! Work has been hectic over the last month just not getting any time on line, when I do sit at the computer the kids grab it off me, hence being up at 6:30 on a Saturday!

Off to marshall on the Hereford Trial today, looking forward to getting very wet!

Cheers
Jeremy
Toby

Post by Toby »

8 at one time, Chris you better dust down that trophy in the xmas & new years virtual pub and get it re-engraved. (that'll confuse the new forummers!) :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

2000th Post Imminent

Post by chris lambert »

Another landmark for the Forum will shortly be achieved when the 2000th post is made. The Forum now has nearly 80 members, over a quarter of whom make regular postings to the site. Many others visit and hopefully find it interesting. From my perspective the site is a really useful source of information and ideas and I cant remember seeing a technical query going unanswered.
If there are Forum 'virgins' out there and a bit reticent about taking 'the plunge' - don't be. Its a great way to make friendships, solve problems and even share a joke.
Chris
cammy

Post by cammy »

Quite right Chris, As a former recent virgin I can testify to the help and encouragement let alone the masses of information that comes as part of the package. Certainly progress on NG would have been slower without membership-and what value!
C & B & NG