Tenth Anniversary CD

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Tenth Anniversary CD

Post by Ian Grace »

I spent some time with our printers yesterday going over the technology to produce these. They will be burned on to printed CD's (or DVD's if there is insufficient space) and mounted in a DVD-style box with cover sheet - all very professional. They will include .pdf copies of all 36 Magazines covering the first ten years of the Register, and I'm also hoping to be able to include all of the Yearbooks as well as our various rally programmes, etc. All of the files will be fully searchable for names, registration numbers, etc. And of course, they will all be in high-resolution colour format - not like the black and white photocopied hard copy originals. And as I am going through them to assemble them from the original Word format, I'm tidying them up a little - typos, etc.

They should be a valuable source of information for those who have joined the Register in relatively recent years, and avoid the pain of having to re-assemble hundreds of hard copies for those wishing to obtain sets of back issues - to say nothing of the saving in postage.

The minimum print run is 50 copies and they don't come particularly cheap. I'm putting them out at GBP 25 each (which is only about 70p per issue) and there will be an order form going out with M 140 and added to the website shortly. It would be useful to get a feel for how many might be needed. I hope to have them ready in time for Christmas. If I can get ten orders, I'll pull the trigger on the printing.