Register statistics

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Register statistics

Post by Ian Grace »

Membership continues to grow steadily - currently standing at 225 paid-up members worldwide.

Members currently own the following vehicles:

164 OHC Minors (54%)
96 SV Minors (32%)
42 M Types (14%)

We jointly own a total of 302 of 'our cars', which is a considerable proportion of the known survivors.

As can be seen, we remain primarily a register of vintage Minors!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Register statistics

Post by Ian Grace »

I stumbled across a copy of the February 2010 Morris Register's 'Morris Monthly' today, and in it, John Nagle - who was the membership secretary at the time - published membership statistics that make an interesting comparison to our figures:

54 OHC Minors
141 SV Minors

Since the Morris Register has been going for ever, it is tempting to extrapolate these two figures to draw some sort of conclusion as to the relative survival rates - roughly 3 to 1, SV to OHC. Looking at the VMR figures, these are reversed - probably because we started out as a register for the OHC Minors. So we may or may not expect our figures to tend towards the Morris Register's relative numbers in the long run.

Looking at the totals (and assuming that the Morris Register's February 2010 figures are roughly the same today), we have a total of 270 Minors in the hands of our members, compared to 195 in the Morris Register, but of course, many owners are members of both clubs.

Also of interest in the Morris Register stats is that only 35% of cars in their members' hands are known to be in running order - this figure up from 24% in 2009. I don't have a similar statistic for our members' cars, but suspect that it would be broadly similar.

Minors make up 8.4% of total Morrises owned by Morris Register members. Not surprisingly, by far the most numerous are the Morris 8's, followed by the Ten-Fours and then the Minors.
Toby

Post by Toby »

shall we both try and get out more? :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I was thinking that as I was typing it! :D :D :D

Did you know that if you add up all our memberhsip numbers, they come to 51,043? :o :o :o