Be careful out there.....

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ronald

Be careful out there.....

Post by Ronald »

I was using a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder on Tuesday, when it snagged in what I was cutting, and the grinder ended up going into my left forearm.........

The result is I'm off work for 3 months, had micro surgery to repair tendons and muscles on Wednesday morning, thankfully (if you can be) I can still feel and move my fingers..... but to say I wish I'd been holding the grinder with two hands would be an understatement.........

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF EVEN THE SMALLEST TOOL......... THEY ARE ALL CAPABLE OF CAUSING SERIOUS INJURY!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Be carefull out there.....

Post by Ian Grace »

Ronald,

Very sorry indeed to hear that - here's hoping for a swift and complete recovery.

Ian
Mike Stubbings

Re: Be careful out there.....

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi Ron,Sorry to hear about your accident
Hope it all recovers quickly and you are able to get on.

As A warning to others, Some years ago I was using a 7inch polisher/grinder with a course sanding disc to clean the surface
of some metal, holding the machine with two hands correctly. It snagged on the edge of the cutting disc which peeled off and before I had a chance about 6inches of the peeled edge had gone up into my left forearm. I was lucky the hospital managed to withdraw the offending strip without any damage to sinews etc. An xray after show no bits remained up my arm. Even us professionals get it wrong sometimes. I wear a stout pair of leather gardening gloves which offer some protection. Be careful all. Mike