windscreen sizes

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

windscreen sizes

Post by Toby »

I was recently asked about the size of windscreens by someone who has a £100/early sv 2 seater screen which measures 38" wide but in all other respects is the same as his later 32 season car and has the standard supports. I have measured my 2 seater and it is 40" roughly, the same as his 32 car. I am aware that the 34 car had a taller screen with a slight curve each side and also that the cammy tourers had a flat botton with wood infill and that opening screens were an option before 1934 but were the same size as standard screens. My question is.... did the first sv tourers have a narrower screen as the smaller screen is off an early minor?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Re: windscreen sizes

Post by Toby »

Still not got to the bottom of this, any £100 minor owners (with original bodies) able to measure their windscreens? It's curious that Morris would have made the bodies slightly wider rather than keeping dimensions the same up until the 34 revamp....
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I have the Borman's Hundred Pound Minor body and screen in my workshop right now. I can measure it tonight.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Excellent
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So it is 38" wide between the pillars and 12.5" high inside the pillars. Does that help?
Toby

Post by Toby »

Yes, sort of, confirms that the £100 minors had different bodies.... I assumed the same body ran all the way through til 34 season revamp.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, the '32 and '33 season bodies were similar, but don't forget they were rear tank, with longer bonnets, etc. so the entire scuttle area was re-worked for '32/'33.
Toby

Post by Toby »

good point forgot about the scuttle tank....