M 138

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

M 138

Post by Ian Grace »

The Summer Magazine went to print today, along with the Rally Programme. The printers are also making us a 3' x 10' banner for Prescott which I'll bring with me. The old start line hut has been replaced with something much more luxurious, so there is no need for a tent. We'll put the banner on the hut.

So M 139 and M 140, plus the Yearbook to go this year. The Yearbook will also be printed in full colour like the new Magazines, but will remain at 8.5" x 11" size, so should look fantastic. Order forms will go out with M 138. With 44 pages in the Magazines and 80 in the Yearbook, that's 168 pages to fill by the end of the year - in about 168 days! So please send over suitable material, articles, corresponcence, photos, restoration reports, out and about snippets, etc. if you have any. Thanks!

Toby

Re: M 138

Post by Toby »

what attractive people and attractive cars.....
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Got my copy of the M138, today and what an interesting read it is,
read it at one go and super happy to see the Vmr meet held in India being Mentioned. :D
microlight

Post by microlight »

Please help a duffer on the computer - how do I manage to read this publication?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Bob,

It's simple - just join the Register and it will drop through your letterbox!

Don't worry if you don't have a Minor or M Type - enthusiasm is all that is required. 8)

Print proof of M 139 was run off here in Seattle this morning and looks good, so printing will start today. Then it goes to another local company for stapling and it should be in my hands early next week and in the post worldwide by the end of next week. Meanwhile about 12 pages of M 140 are completed and I have received a couple of interesting articles from contributors which I am working on. I'll need any other input by mid November at the latest in order to get M 140 to everyone by Christmas.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I have uploaded M 138 as a .pdf file to the website as a sample Magazine.

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/M%20138.pdf

It replaces the old Spring 2009 Magazine that was the previous sample. So if you don't have M 138 for any reason, now you can see it online. But before you ask, there are no plans to upload all of the new magazines as they are published. For one thing, the files are too large, and for another, the bulk of subs go to producing the Magazine, and I don't want non subs payers to get hold of an online version, and I don't want to keep having to change the Members' Area username and password to protect the contents.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Good, I can print some for Beaulieu, the vmr is the only club there that doesn't have back issues for people to see or take away to aid membership... I'm sure people believe me when i say there's a good magazine but seeing is believing :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

I have a good number of back issues of the three new-format Magazines (M 137, 138 and 139), and would be happy to send some over for spring and summer Beaulieu. I'd prefer the .pdf not to be printed for this purpose. Alternatively, you could point interested parties to the website, and they can then see for themselves - which was the purpose of posting it there.

Just collected M 139 - looks good. It will be distributed worldwide next Monday. Sadly, Bev won't be handling the posting in Europe any more.