31 Fabric Saloon on eBay ends 20th August

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

31 Fabric Saloon on eBay ends 20th August

Post by chris lambert »

A lovely patinated 1931 Cheshire registered Fabric Saloon is deservedly attracting bids on eBay. I would guess that this car is one of the last manufactured although the seller states that it was manufactured in 1928. Find it here and if you have a big enough garage (and wallet) bid for it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRIS-MINOR-1931 ... dZViewItem
chris lambert

Ebay Fabric Saloon

Post by chris lambert »

Vendor tells me that the chassis number is M33466, just 1233 cars away from the end of OHC car production. I would imagine very few Fabric Saloons were made after this. Even more reason to bid on this important time capsule vehicle.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This is the ex-Tim Armitage car which was in Jim Peacop's museum for many years - a true time capsule, and vital that we keep track of it if at all possible. Current owner is Mike Hobday in Brecon. He offered it for sale at Beaulieu last year, but there wre no takers. I suspect that his reserve will be in the stratosphere!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

In fact this car is advertised in the latest VMR Magazine for GBP 7,500. Not an outlandish price, I would have thought, for such an original car with a reputed 4,300 miles on the clock from new.