Invitation to VSCC Loton Park 16th/17th July

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Hillclimber

Post by Hillclimber »

Come and enjoy some proper competitive hillclimbing with the Vintage Sports Car Club on the weekend of 16th /17th July.
Practice on the Saturday and barbeque in the evening followed by competitive runs on the Sunday.
Everyone is welcome - further details as per the VSCC website.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Invitation to VSCC Loton Park 16th/17th July

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks James, and welcome to the forum. This will be a super weekend and deserves support. Note that anyone holding a spectator's ticket for Loton on Sunday will receive a GBP 5 discount on VMR Prescott/Pre-War Prescott on Saturday, so why not make a weekend of it?
Hillclimber

Post by Hillclimber »

.....better still spectate at Loton on both days and enjoy some proper competition......
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I think Peter Plant is our only competing hillclimber (in a Minor), and I'm not sure if he will be at Loton - but very probably. His Minor is the one with the Meadows marine engine and is very nicely put together. Peter is also the chap that just bought the '32 McEvoy Minor prototype, and we hope that it will be VSCC-accepted as it would be great to see this historic car back in competition again. Then there is the ex-Barbara Skinner '34 White Minor which remains under restoration with David Baldock and hopefully that, too will get VSCC eligibility.

The other prospect would be one of Martin Redmond's two Semi-sports, which he has campaigned aggressively in VSCC main club trials and even entered for Mallory a few years ago. But sadly, Matin is not in good health these days and I'm not sure that we will see him out and about again.
Hillclimber

Post by Hillclimber »

..in that case it sounds like Loton Park is the place to see the cars in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find the VSCC events give the best variety of cars too.
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Hillclimber, if i may interject, it seems to me that you may have slightly missed the point, this is the 'Vintage Minor Register'....... therefore members have a direct interest in, vintage minors and m type MG's, not 'general vintage sports cars'..... therefore, for the members of this specific forum, the best place to be is Prescott................. :lol:
Hillclimber

Post by Hillclimber »

My point is that if you want to see the afore-mentioned cars in action, then you clearly need to be at Loton.

This seems like fact, as has been pointed out they will be a Loton. :lol:

My second line was an additional comment, that in my opinion, the variety will be wider.

Come on, fairs fair. VMR prescott advertised on the VSCC website, so why not the reverse?

:lol:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Absolutely no problem with that, James. I'm all for posting info on any events which might encourage owners to get out and drive their cars - be they competitors or spectators.

One of the objectives of Pre-War Prescott is to remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice during the War, so that we could enjoy a free life today - to be free to decide what we want to do and where we want to go. The fact that we can drive our pre-war cars, share this great and rewarding interest, and have far more fun gatherings organized than we can possibly get to every summer is proof enough for me that their sacrifice was worth it.

So, all the very best for Loton Park, Prescott, IAT and all the other wonderful events on that weekend. Now all we have to do is collectively pray for equally wonderful WEATHER!

By the way, congrats on taking the Vintage record at Prescott last year - a serious achievement. Do you also have the Loton record? If not, good luck!
Hillclimber

Post by Hillclimber »

Ian Grace wrote:Absolutely no problem with that, James. I'm all for posting info on any events which might encourage owners to get out and drive their cars - be they competitors or spectators.

One of the objectives of Pre-War Prescott is to remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice during the War, so that we could enjoy a free life today - to be free to decide what we want to do and where we want to go. The fact that we can drive our pre-war cars, share this great and rewarding interest, and have far more fun gatherings organized than we can possibly get to every summer is proof enough for me that their sacrifice was worth it.

So, all the very best for Loton Park, Prescott, IAT and all the other wonderful events on that weekend. Now all we have to do is collectively pray for equally wonderful WEATHER!

By the way, congrats on taking the Vintage record at Prescott last year - a serious achievement. Do you also have the Loton record? If not, good luck!
You clearly do have a large problem with it Ian, as per the posts on the other thread.
I didn't take the Vintage record at Prescott.
ColinWLee

Post by ColinWLee »

Dear Hillclimber,
Life's too short...... What's to gain, agree to differ and move on. :|
halbe

Post by halbe »

Agreed,

move on or move over.
Not everybody is into specials and replicas :D
Hillclimber

Post by Hillclimber »

halbe wrote:Agreed,

move on or move over.
Not everybody is into specials and replicas :D
Nor is everyone into Morris Minors. I'm afraid its true. Really. I'm not kidding! One make car clubs often get blinkered in this way.
halbe

Post by halbe »

So what are you doing on this forum, move on :D :D :D :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hillclimber wrote:One make car clubs often get blinkered in this way.
Yeah, we're blinkered - that's why we invite the VSCC and just about every other club and register we can think of to join in our rallies ... and ALL pre-war cars.

Comparing the VSCC to the VMR - I think we all know which is the blinkered one. :?
halbe

Post by halbe »

Aha
Lets lock this topic before things get out of hand.
I really dont understand why a guest would want to ridicule the hosts and think he is the smart one..........
Who needs enemies if we have friends like this :D
Regards,
Halbe