1931 type wheel on ebay

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

ashford

1931 type wheel on ebay

Post by ashford »

This wheel is listed just as a 'vintage wheel' so might be missed. If it were nearer I would be after it myself. There is always a risk that sellers could scrap items like this if they don't sell (which they often don't) so I hope theres a member closer to West Yorshire who could make use of it.
Ronald

Re: 1931 type wheel on ebay

Post by Ronald »

ashford

Post by ashford »

sorry forgot to include the link! Thanks Ronald - its the first one I was looking at
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

I'll have a go for this as it's near to me.

Does anyone require this type of early [ not the earliest though ] wheel ?

Tony G
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Successfully bid for at the exhorbitant price of 99p !!

Just need to collect it. I think my offer has been taken up by another member , but watch this space.

Tony G
ashford

Post by ashford »

Well done Tony - your are more successful than me. I've been watching an item on ebay for my Rover 8 all week hoping to sneak a bid in at the last second but then completly forgot about it! :x
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

James,

What was it? Any chance of some latest photos of the 8? You could start an 'Our Cars' thread - doesn't have to be a Minor - I've got my Tiger Moth on there. :D

Hope we can meet in July at Prescott.

Ian
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Is your Rover 8 the two cylinder type - one cylinder poking out of the bonnet? I have some photos. Highlander. - about 1923/4.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yes it is - an old friend of mine had it on offer a while back and I managed to put him in touch with James who is also a Cornishman. The car spent all its life in Cornwall.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

James, I will now try and find the photograph!!! It was taken here in Ewell in 1928 in a garden in St. James Avenue when Mr. Arther Riggs moved into the house when newly built. He then purchased a 1927, 9.20hp Humber 4 seater tourer and in 1957, whilst a young police officer I met Mr. Riggs and because of this meeting (in uniform!!) He put me in touch with a Mr Batty and I purchased his 9.20hp saloon. 40 years later I bought Mr. Riggs Humber from his son and also collected every insurance certificate from 1924 to 1960!! papers and photos. The Rover was one of them!! Long story about nothing but there you go. I will have to post the photo - can I have your address. Alister. (Highlander)
ashford

Post by ashford »

Many thanks Alister. I would very much like to see the photos. I will send you my address on a separate email. Please let me know any postage /copying costs and I will reimburse you. I have tryed to start a page on the forum for the rover but I'm struggling to upload photos at the moment.