Spring 2011 pub meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Spring 2011 pub meets

Post by Ian Grace »

Confirmed for Sunday 17th April so far:

The Hatchgate, Bramshill, Berks.
The Royal Oak, Barrington, Cambridgeshire

Note also that the Bean Car Club is holding its traditional Daffodil Run from Knowl Hill near Maidenhead to Christchurch on the 17th and there will be some Minors on the run. If you would like to join them, you could do worse than to contact Lilian Lovelock on 0118/9882042 or by e-mail at cl.lovelock@yahoo.co.uk. This is a lovely relaxed and rural run to the coast.

There are bound to be numerous other runs and meets on this day, so if you hear of any, or plan to go on one, please post details here. It would also be worth keeping an eye on the FBHVC website for details of other gathering:

http://fbhvc.co.uk/drive-it-day/
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Spring 2011 pub meets

Post by Ian Grace »

John Nagle asks:

"I am getting the MR locals to come to lunch at the Hatchgate. Would you please get VMR Members to contact me, so that I can reserve a place for them at lunch as I wish to have a large table as we had last year."

If you intent to attend and eat, please contact John at john@mole-end.eu.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Anyone in the New Forest/Hants Dorset borders doing anything/want to meet up for drive it day?.... :?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Post by Toby »

I have a vague 2 for a meet up west new forest, dorset hants border, any more takers? How bout you Ronald? :?
Toby

Post by Toby »

I am organising a drive it day run for the pwmn and vmr....
How about this as a meet point? If anyone is interested I will check with them re parking, menu, table availability etc.

http://www.highcornerinn.co.uk/home.php
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby wrote:I am organising a drive it day run for the pwmn and vmr....
How about this as a meet point? If anyone is interested I will check with them re parking, menu, table availability etc.

http://www.highcornerinn.co.uk/home.php
HI Tony, so is this now official for the High Corner Inn? If so, I'll add it to the website and let everybody know.

Ian
Toby

Post by Toby »

3 cars confirmed, taking table bookings for lunch, we have lift off..... :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Excellent news! I'll start the cheerleading!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So who is going where next Sunday? The choice is the Hatchgate, Bramshill, the Royal Oak, Barrington or the new meet at the High Corner Inn in the New Forest which cewrtainly looks like a fascinating venue. Fingers crossed for good weather...
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Simon Hodgins called yesterday. Among other things we talked about the Hatchgate. Apparently, it is under new ownership and the food wasn't great last autumn. I'd value opinions this Sunday. If no better, we should perhaps look for a new venue for this autumn.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The food was good at the Hatchgate last time but is believed to have changed hands quite recently. Someone I know went there quite recently and gave an unfavourable report. We have therefore decided to go somewhere else with other Morris owners. Hope I did not give Ian the the wrong impression about the Autumn meet.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Simon,

Just been corresponding with John Nagle, who is going to be at the Hatchgate on Sunday. He reports that it did indeed change hands last month. He also reports that NO VMR members have contacted him for a lunch table, so it is anyone's guess who will turn up. I asked him to take his camera - just in case.
John will sample the food and ale (it's tough at the top...) and send me a Full Report on Monday!
Toby

Post by Toby »

3 cars and a BSA A65 graced the High Corner Inn. Mike and Sue, Clive Perkins, Linda and I plus Ronald with his mother and Frank. Good food, good company.... :D Photos to follow once they've been loaded onto photobucket!
Toby

Post by Toby »