Were all Minors 6 volt?

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Sam Christie

Were all Minors 6 volt?

Post by Sam Christie »

Is it the case that all Minors had 6 volt electrics? It is my very strong impression that M-type MG's had only 6 volt electrics but does anyone know anything different?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Were all Minors 6 volt?

Post by Ian Grace »

I'm pretty sure you'll find that all Minors and M's were 6V, Sam.

Any snow in Northern Ireland? Clive Hamilton-Gould reports over a foot in Oxfordshire.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

I thought so.It looks like MG Midget owners had to buy a 'D-type' for 12 volt electrics.We recorded -19C (-2.2 F) and the snow is I guess between 6" and 8".Very pretty but very cold and miserable.
Flemming

Post by Flemming »

Two more "Were all Minors ?":

1. Were all Minors RHD? Here in Denmark we are LHD, and although we have quite a few PreWar Minors, I have never seen a LHD.

2. Were all Minors with the Accelerator in the middle? I have actually seen one (a '34 2 seater) with todays pedal arrangement, but I'm not sure if its a later modification. I beleive I've read in Harry Edwards book that Morris changed in '34, so maybe the last Minors had accelator to the right (our own '34 2 seater however has it in the middle).

New year greetings from a still snowy Denmark, although we've had thaw and even rain on new year night.
/Flemming.