xmas wishes

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Mike Stubbings

xmas wishes

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi All,

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Great New Year. Mike.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: xmas wishes

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Mike,

Likewise - with all the very best wishes to all in Bracknell - where I started my working career with Sperrys many moons ago.

So here's your 2-seater shortly after you bought it at the BCA auction back in 2007. How's it running now? I also have a note that you have a '29 saloon - got any details?

Hope to see you in the virtual pub for a virtual pint some time over Christmas. :D

Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Mike - How much for the Yule Log?!!!! We still have open fires and what a boon this winter. Greeting to you all. Warm Highlander.
Toby

Post by Toby »

And the same to you all
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi Highlander,
Nice to hear from you. I am afraid the Yule Log has long since expired on my log burner. Wish I had
kept it, with the spiralling cost of winter fuel would probably be worth more than the car now.
All the best.Keep warm. Mike.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Mike, I think I told you we had the Band of The Irish Guards played at the Golf Club the other week in aid of Help the Soldiers I have not seen boots so polished for over 50 years - even on Bandsmen!!!!! (57years!! 1953) Enjoy Christmas and let us hope everyone has a Healthy 2011. Highlander.
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi Highlander, Yes I remember it well. Tin of black polish,candle to heat the spoon and away you went. Mike
Simon

Post by Simon »

It was the same in the CCF. Happy Christmas everyone.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Never used candle heat and spoon. In RAF basic training we used Kiwi polish and a bit of water in the tin lid to 'bull' our toe caps for hours on end until they were like mirrors. And also had to bash 'blakeys' into the soles for drill - remember those? On evenings the barrack resounded with people hammering their boots on the stone floor to drive them in. Happy days.

Here's wishing everyone a great Christmas.
mowersman

Post by mowersman »

The very best of Christmas wishes to you all and have a prosperous, Minor filled new year. Thank you for all the help you have given me so far!
Now look at that for timing.
Andrew
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

VERY cool timing, Andrew!

It's 9-04 pm here in Seattle, so 5-04 am Christmas morning in England. Everyone just gone to bed here - suitably fed and watered. We lived for ten years in Germany where they celebrate Christmas on what we call Christmas Eve, and they call Heiligabend - literally holy evening. So we still keep up the tradition for our children who grew up in Germany, so plenty of German spiced wine, beers and chocolates, etc. So, now to bed. Have a great Christmas Day - we'll be eight hours behind you!

Ian