Rear wings...

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

mowersman

Rear wings...

Post by mowersman »

I'll start this as a separate topic to save it getting confused with the RT thread
Right
These are to originals
The side bit is about 45mm long (sorry, I couldn't find a imperial ruler), so wider then the other set we have, Is 45mm the same as SV ones?

These are the other set
These are NOS wings. The curve is different on the back and front. Also the side skirt is only 40mm.
We do have another set of wings, I will try and photo these tomorrow, they are buried, somewhere under some pipe of junk! (I have too much stuff :lol: )

These are the wings that dad made, out of trailer wings and fiberglass

Any comments welcome.
Andrew
Toby

Re: Rear wings...

Post by Toby »

blimey :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Andrew,

Thanks for the photos and videos - keep them coming!

The OHC Sports Coupe had exactly the same wings as the Semi-sports - that is - the early pattern shallow sideskirt and the inside triangular valences at the rear. If you check in original the Morris parts list you will see that these rear wings are specified for the Semi-sports and Sports Coupe.

So the ones you depict as the originals are indeed the originals. Your best bet for replacement would therefore appear to be a set of regular early OHC wings, and then make the small and simple modification of adding the inside valences.

The part numbers for your rear wings should be 5289 (offside) and 5290 (nearside). So, unlike all the other OHC Minors, these wings are handed.

Here's a photo of 5290 on my Semi-sorts. I've fiddled with the exposure so you can see the skirt depth and the inside valence behind the rear wheel.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So aren't those NOS wings you have the correct ones? They certainly look it, and would bolt straight on!