Get the most out of your ...

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Get the most out of your ...

Post by Ian Grace »

Model T.

I had a hectic day today - took my wife's Taurus to the transmission shop to have a massive transmission fluid leak fixed - very lucky to have saved the tranny. And I put a new low-profile tyre on my son's Audi A4 which I am looking after while he is away on military duty. Learned that Quattros have to have all four tyres changed at the same time - ouch.

While in the transmission shop, I spotted this nice little piece on their noticeboard, and asked to borrow it so I could share it with you guys. Enjoy.

Here is the shiny new Model A, to which the post card refers - I spotted this one at a Model T concours conventions in Grand Rapids (350 Model A's were there - and this was juts a regional gathering). It is constructed entirely from scrap parts. The proud owner went to enormous lengths to 'patinate' the passenger door in a tank of salty water because he couldn't find a suitably distressed one to blend in with the rest of the car. Runs as sweet as a nut, and is driven all over the US to raise funds for the troops. [Note - No such thing as an MoT or TuV here.]