Wanted :Remote gear change for 4-speed box

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Sam Christie

Wanted :Remote gear change for 4-speed box

Post by Sam Christie »

I have been looking for a remote gear change for a Minor four speed gearbox, or the parts to make one complete. There are various types and I would consider anything. I have been kindly offered an incomplete Wolseley remote but I need the parts to make it work. A complete one would be very good but a broken example might provide all I need.

Some examples below - top and bottom are Wolseley and the middle one is from an J-type.

Attachments
Wolseley Remote
Wolseley Remote
Remote on Stool.png (155.58 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
Sam Christie

Re: Wanted :Remote gear change for 4-speed box

Post by Sam Christie »

Here is another Wolseley example - slightly modified.

Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

This is the remote which I was offered but it contains only a lengthways sliding shaft and no other works.

And these (apart from the shaft) are the missing bits. The parts which fit on the shaft ends are the most critical. (Picture below courtesy of a fellow member).

plj

Post by plj »

I know the two ends are cast and machined but surely they could be fabricated from solid if you have the loan of originals or good dimensional drawings? The gear lever doesn't look too difficult either.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Thanks for the suggestion.I think fabrication will probably be the only option but I thought I would try to find original parts first. I have had no luck so far.