New VMR HQ - it's official

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

New VMR HQ - it's official

Post by Ian Grace »

It's official. As of today, the new VMR HQ is at 13416 Kellogg Lake Road, Sultan, WA 98294.

We completed today, starting to move in next Monday - will be fully moved by Saturday 12th. Somewhere on the Forum are pics of the new house.

This has been by far the most tortuous and nerve-wracking move in my experience. The process started back in February and was quickly followed by the discovery that the house was about to be repossessed. This was forestalled with a considerable inject of cash, but not long enough for a new well to be drilled - a bizarre requirement for the mortgage (and at a cost of $17,000 - it goes down 268 feet - almost to sea level), so the foreclosure had to be postponed a second time, causing all of the financial paperwork to expire and the entire process to be re-started. The new foreclosure deadline was 3-45 p.m. this afternoon, and the sale was finally recorded with the County at 3-05 p.m. - within 15 minutes of the funds arriving at the title company in Seattle by wire from New Jersey.

Now for a couple of good stiff sharpeners on the way home. :o
Ronald

Re: New VMR HQ - it's official

Post by Ronald »

Well done Ian..... good news eh!!!!

Now you can get on with acquiring a landing strip...;)
Toby

Post by Toby »

Ian I'm with you on this, we are still waiting for the incompetents at our solicitors to finalise the sale of our old house. We were told exchange in 2 weeks, back in April, the head partner no longer returns our emails or phone calls and we get all our information via the buyers solicitor! We hope to have some good news too, soon! Hope you settle in ok, garage first?! :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Simon

Post by Simon »

I have just printed off a membership form. I presume that you will be having your mail redirected and that you will be changing your address on the website & forms etc.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yes, we officially took possession Sunday at 9 p.m., so I can now update all forms, etc. with confidence!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Moving tomorrow - see post on the home page. Back online next Wednesday.

Here's the view from just below our house, of part of the Cascades and Wallace Falls. Halbe, that big blue/gray thing is called a 'mountain', and you can just about see Holland from the top :D

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Now moved in and back to work - so VMR HQ is up and running again. :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Dawn at VMR HQ this morning. The first snows of winter have arrived on Mount Index.