Members' Area password

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Members' Area password

Post by Ian Grace »

I don't like changing the Members' Area password, as many of our members are to a greater or lesser extent internet-challenged and have trouble with access to the Members' Area of the website at the best of times.

However, with the normal flow of members in and out of the Register, combined with the fact that the Members' Area now contains electric copies of the Magazine which is the vital organ of the Register, changing the password is a necessary evil.

Since we are now nearly half of the way through the year, and still have forty or so 2009 subscriptions outstanding, it is time to change the password. The new password will be included with M 133 which is about to go to print. The date of change (but not the new password) will be notified on the home page and in the Newsletter, but is likely to be around the end of June.

It should go without saying that members are trusted not to pass on the username and password to others - I have heard of at least one instance of this, which is unfortunate because posting of the Magazine in electric format will have to cease if this practice is found to be more prevalent - to the detriment of all paying members.
Ronald

Re: Members' Area password

Post by Ronald »

Ian, are you able to tell how many times they are downloaded, and to whom...???
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

No I can't, I'm afraid. Google analytics tells me a lot of stuff, but not down to that level of detail.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I have a form and cheque for one of the Beaulieu sign ups, will forward details and cheque, do you want me to email details to you so you can send latest mag to new member? :?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Toby,

Yes, that would be great - many thanks. I received all your e-mails this AM - haven't had time to open them yet.

Cheers,

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Today I changed the password of the Members' Area in accordance with the new password sent out with M 133. So 'camshaft' won't work any more. If you are not sure of the new passwoed, let me know.
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Hi,

can I get access to the members area, if so please let me know by email on
KL1008@hotmail.com

Cheers
Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »