The VMR Magazine

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: The VMR Magazine

Post by Ian Grace »

The Autumn Magazine M 155 is nearly ready to go to the printers. I posted the address labels to them this morning, so they will get them in time to use as soon as I have approved the .pdf proof which i should have later next week. Then he race will be on to get M 1567 out in time for Christmas! So do please send any and all news, photos, reports, articles, etc. ASAP - thanks in advance!

Also, I have a meeting this weekend with a website developer who is going to create a brand new and much improved Pre-War Prescott website for us, so keep an eye out at www.prewarprescott.com over the next couple of weeks as we update everything for Pre-War Prescott 2016.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 155 uploaded to the printers! Now to stay in overdrive to get the Winter issue out in time for Christmas. Send any and all input ASAP! :o

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Not such good news regarding M 156.

Stanley L Hunt, our printers have, after nearly a century, gone out of business under somewhat acrimonious circumstances, evidently. One of the owners, Phil Brown, who is also a Riley owner and enthusiastic Pre-War Prescott supporter is working with me to transfer printing to a company he recommends in Cheltenham, but this is going to take a bit of time to set up, so although M 156 is ready to go, it will be a few weeks before you receive it. It may be that we will distribute it electronically as a .pdf, to be followed by the usual hard copy at a slightly later date. Watch this space, and the upcoming January Newsletter for further updates.

I want to ensure that this does not impact the schedule for M 157 - our spring issue, so that there should be no knock-on effect to the rest of the 2016 issues down the line. So please continue to send in any and all material that you may be able to offer. Many thanks,

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

We have a new print shop for our Magazine! Print By Design in Cheltenham.

Their General Manager Brian Curtis writes:

"We have been based in Cheltenham for in excess of 35 years and have served the local business community – and beyond – during that time. As a matter of interest the business was founded by a motor sport enthusiast – Steve Jewell – a regular competitor at Prescott – who sadly was killed in an accident at Snetterton in 2014. We design a print “Speedscene” for Hillclimb & Sprint Association. Motor sport is well known to us."

I am in the process of establishing the technology and logistics with them so that we can get M 156 out to everyone at ASAP. Watch this space for further news.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Things are looking good to transfer the M 156 files across to Print By Design this weekend.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 156 now with the printers for printing next week. M 157 on the blocks including a big article on white metal bearings which should be of interest to anyone contemplating an engine rebuild. Please send in any material ASAP for this spring issue.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 156 is now ready for posting and will be distributed this week. Phew! M 157 (the spring issue) is about 60% done and the plan is to get it to the printers by the end of this month, so everyone should have it in March. This will get us back on track after the previous print shop went out of business, causing the delay in M156 as we shifted operations to a new print shop - PrintByDesign in Cheltenham, who will also be handing the Summer Rally programme printing.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Our Spring issue - M 157 was completed today and will be off over the wires to the printers later today. It is a bumper issue with reports on all of the VSCC's spring trials, the LCES Welsh Weekend and the Brooklands New Year Driving tests. It also contains a great Tech Topics article by Formhalls on white metal bearings, a feature article on Walter Kay and much more.

Register Ramblings contains the usual welcome to new members - 7 this time, but a further 14 new members that have joined since I wrote the article will have to be held over for the next issue! So that's 21 new members for the first quarter of this year - outstanding!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Magazine M 158 is away to the printers, just six weeks after M 157!

Everyone should have their copies well before our Summer Rally. 8)

The Summer Rally Souvenir Programme is also just about complete and will be sent to the printers shortly. An expanded Programme this year at 36 pages. Free to every entrant.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 160, our Winter issue and sixtieth magazine is on its way to the printers in Cheltenham, and we're planning express delivery to try to get copies to every member in time for Christmas.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, allowing me to get this issue out hard on the heels of M 159.

Please send any copy for M 161 if you have anything of interest.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 160 was posted from Cheltenham today! The Oz and NZ issues are going to Keith Montell, and the US/Canada/Japan ones to me, so hopefully all members will receive this Winter issue before Christmas!

In addition, everyone who has not yet paid their subs for 2017 will receive a separate subs notice in the post with full details of payment options and a return envelope. Most of these are going across to John Hicks who will be posting them on to everyone. Sincere thanks to all those who have seen to this small but important details already.

Next up will be a brief December Newsletter which I plan to get away to everyone electronically before the 20th of this month as Jayne and I will be away over Christmas and the New Year. After that, it will be full speed ahead towards our Summer Rally and Pre-War Prescott 2017. Entries are already arriving and more clubs are coming on board. This month the Talbot Owners Club the bean Car Club and the Hotchkiss Society have all signed up and will be holding their own gatherings under the Pre-War Prescott 'umbrella'. Also, the Dutch MMM Group is also going to join us again, after taking last year out to take part in the MMM Register's Ulster Tour.
martinng

Post by martinng »

Ian, I would subscribe to the idea. Although I do like to read paper, there is always the dilemma regarding storage of so many magazines, so I might take both formats.
Just received M160 -fabulous.
martinng

Post by martinng »

Ian, I seem to be answering this thread about six years too late!!
I read page 1 and then aswered on page 9 - how daft is that.
However, I looked around for the on-line magazine (which my last strange post referred to) and could not find it.
What am I missing today ? (Apart from a brain)!
Martin
PS can you e-mail your bank info please and I will transfer a sub for you.
peterb

Post by peterb »

Just finished reading latest magazine.
interesting articles and super quality pictures.
Gets better every issue.
Peter
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Peter! Haven't got mine yet!

Martin, there is a sample magazine downloadable from the home page - just under the membership form. While looking at this I noticed that the link for new membership is actually broken, so I've asked our IT Department (!) to sort that out.

The issue is M138, Summer 2011 which is a bit dated now, so I'll upload a more recent version in its place when I get a minute.

Just putting the finishing touches on the December Newsletter which I want to get out in the next couple of days, as we are away for two weeks from next Tuesday. I will have limited connectivity - from somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic!

The December Newsletter will have some REALLY great news in it - can't say more at the moment!