New members

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

New members

Post by Ian Grace »

We have had six new members since the Summer Rally, the latest of which is Nick Williams who, over the weekend, put in a blind bid on a 1929 tourer being auctioned in Perth, Scotland. He won it! So of course he is joining us. This is MM 9385 which, as JBK 920, was the tourer that was famously returned to the UK from Malta aboard Ark Royal in 1954 - hence the JBK number. It has now reverted to its original number - MM 9385. Nick is planning to take the train from Craven Arms, Shropshire to Perth and drive it home.

Nick is already a stalwart supporter of the VMR and Pre-War Prescott, owning a vintage Morris special, a Morris all-metal saloon a Salmson racing special (which I had the privilege of climbing (very quickly) Prescott in in July), a fairground organ (look on YouTube) and more.

Welcome, Nick!

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: New members

Post by Ian Grace »

We are seeing a strong increase in membership. We have had 16 new members since January. I signed up four last week and this morning Charles Gillett joined us with his 1930 Minor saloon (DY 6083). Charles entered this car on the VSCC Lakeland back in November. This is the ex-Andrew Marx car that Charles acquired back in 2013. We are attracting new members with all sorts of vintage and pre-war cars - this is the Pre-War Prescott effect and is good for everyone. However, we're also seeing many new members with Minors and M Types. Of the last six new members, 3 have SV Minor, one has an OHC Minor and one has an M Type.

One of the drivers for these new memberships is the new online membership form where owners can sign up in a matter of moments. This new facility is proving very popular. It can be found at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161

All good stuff!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So here's a thing. In the last 60 days, we have welcomed 20 new member with Minors, M Types and a mouthwatering array of other pre-war and vintage cars - see the website home page. That's a greater new membership rate that a vintage car club catering for sports cars that I could mention, in the same time. That club, which snubs SV Minors as 'grey porridge', has around 7,000 members, and we have about 250. Makes one think...
martinng

Post by martinng »

I notice that new member Stuart Stubbs has Minor PN6603 which was exhibited at the NEC in the centenary year 2013 as part of the Bexhill 100 Club stand.
So a car with some ready made provenance.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yes indeed Martin, and I'm certain the photo on the website was taken on the Bexhill seafront. In my childhood, we lived in St. Albans and I had an Aunt and Uncle who lived in Bexhill, who we visited every summer holidays. I know that sea front like the back of my hand. The photo was taken just along from the de la Warr pavilion in the direction of Galley Hill. Happy days. Always nice to see more OHC Minor-owning new members.