Period images unearthed

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Period images unearthed

Post by Ian Grace »

I just received a large tube in the post containing about a dozen superb period Minor images. Among them were two colour photos of Simon Hodgins' Jensen-bodied Minor special taken in the sixties - I would guess.

Below is one of these, and below that is a black and white photo from the VMR archive, taken around the same time at an early Morris 8 Tourer Club rally at Beaulieu. The two photos make for an interesting comparison. I wonder which is the earlier photo?

The black and white Beaulieu photo was taken when the car was in the ownership of Frank Turner, but the colour photo has 'Believed to have been owned by the late Chris Gordon' on the reverse.

Ronald

Re: Period images unearthed

Post by Ronald »

Ian.
The black and white picture appears to have a mk2 Ford Capri in the background, what year did they come out??.....
Ronald
gubben

Post by gubben »

Ronald wrote:Ian.
The black and white picture appears to have a mk2 Ford Capri in the background, what year did they come out??.....
Ronald
1969 if I remember it right!
/Thomas
PeterWHills

Post by PeterWHills »

I see that the Blue version has ribbed brake drums while the monochrom chrome is the smooth type?
Andy Plunkett

Post by Andy Plunkett »

Judging by the AA badge the black and white one has an early commercial cast badge and the colour picture has a later pressed car badge.