The chassis register

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

The chassis register

Post by Ian Grace »

As you all probably know, the chassis register of known surviving Minors and M Types is available in the Members' Area of the website. You also probably know that we frequently receive enquiries from past owners (or the children of long past owners) asking if their cars still survive. Often, these past owners have photographs and other interesting history of their cars, but these people have no way of knowing if their cars have survived, other than e-mailing the Register.

Of course, the reason we keep the chassis register in the secure Members' Area is that we do not want to publicize owners' contact details. But what we can very easily do is strip out the owners' names and contact details from the chassis register spreadsheet and place it prominently on the website in the open area - with a suitably-worded appeal to the general public to check the register and make contact with us if they have any news or information to add. Also, other current owners will be able to see whether we have their cars on the register, so there are significant advantages for everyone.

So some time in the next few days, I will add a page to the website and include the capability to download the list of known surviving cars. The Austin 7 Clubs Association already does this (for around 10,700 surviving Sevens!), and it works greatly to their advantage.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how we might make such a facility even more effective/useful, please let me know!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: The chassis register

Post by Ian Grace »

Done! Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Ian
plj

Post by plj »

Great job Ian, might stimulate interest from non-members and provoke responses from people who might have information pertaining to our cars.

PLJ
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Philip, That's exactly the hope!