Uncle Beryl

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Uncle Beryl

Post by Ian Grace »

Last night I received this touching e-mail from Beryl Blaylock:

"To whom it may concern,

My name is Beryl Blaylock and I live in the United States and I am looking for some assistance if at all possible. I had an uncle that was based in Europe while he was in the military in the late 60s. While he was there he had what I am told was a 1934 Morris. I have a picture and based on my research it appears to be a Morris Minor. While my uncle was in the military he lost his life in Vietnam and I was honored with being born shortly after his death and was given his name. That being said I am looking for any assistance on knowing if this is in fact a 1934 Morris Minor and are there any in the United States. I noticed someone tracked down a Morris that he owned 50 years prior. Is this possible as well.

I am not sure where I want to go with this I would just like some more research on something that means a lot to my family’s history.

I have also attached the picture that I have in hopes that it would help us."

And here's Beryl's picture:

This could be a '34 Minor, but it could also be a larger Morris like a 12/4 - judging by the size of Beryl's father relative to the car, and there seems to be a coachline along the door, which the Minor didn't have, but the 12/4 did. Any thoughts guys?