Insurance Recommendation

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

rmburnett

Insurance Recommendation

Post by rmburnett »

In recent years, I've been getting steadily disenchanted with Footman-James. Since they were taken over by Aon in 2007, my premium sky-rocketed and customer service became a misnomer (Aon recently sold FJ, having presumably extracted what it could from its customers).

This year, problems with my renewal led me to a company called Hagerty. Whereas the FJ reps were disinterested and unable to send papers by email (incorrectly copied address, correct address entered into my records but not into the data base etc.), the Hagerty rep was on the ball, enthusiastic and efficient. I had not heard of Hagerty before but they are the UK subsidiary (2006) of a very large privately held US company. Unlike other large insurance companies, Hagerty specializes in insuring classic cars; in fact, the car cannot be used as every-day transportation so you have to own another car for that purpose. I found them very flexible and, amazingly, my annual premium decreased from £467 to £105! Hagerty's roadside assistance plan even includes B&B and a hire car.

I was so pleased to find this excellent company that I thought other members might be interested in getting a quote. My contact at Hagerty is Rory Baker (0844 824 1130 or 01327 810 600).

Roger