Brian Maeers

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Brian Maeers

Post by Ian Grace »

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, Brian passed away last night. He died very peacefully at home in the early hours of this morning, surrounded by his wonderful family.

Please keep the family in your prayers over the holiday, and particularly his wife Heidi who is still slowly recovering from two strokes. She also lost her mother under trying circumstances last year. Brian has spent most of the last year caring for Heidi.

Brian was one of the founder members of the Register, bringing both of his OHC Minors to our inaugural rally at Barrington in 2000. Since then he supported all of our rallies with huge enthusiasm, loading his cars in his horse box to bring them to our events. More recently he found long distance trips to rallies more tiring, so it was in the summer of 2012, when Jayne and I visited Manor Farm that he offered to put on a second VMR rally at the farm. This resulted in our holding our Midlands Rally there in July this year. Brian loaned Jayne and I one of his OHC Minor tourers for the weekend and he and his local VSCC friends organized the entire weekend, allowing Jayne and I to relax and enjoy entering the rally, rather than organizing it. It was one of the most enjoyable rallies we have held and I am so grateful that we had a chance to spend the time with Brian, chatting over several glasses of Burgundy as the sun set. This and so many other happy memories of Brian and his Minors will stay with me a very long time.

Brian owned two OHC and two SV Minors. He used them as every day transport whenever he could around the Leicestershire lanes and villages. Brian's daughter Jamie has asked to be enrolled in the Register, and Brian's son Justin also has an OHC Morris Minor saloon, making a total of five Minors in the family. We look forward so much to welcoming them at our future gatherings.

KartikeyaL

Re: Brian Maeers

Post by KartikeyaL »

R.I.P
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Brian Maeers

Post by Ian Grace »

This from Janie, Brian's daughter, this morning:

"Dad's special 'send off' is on Monday 6th January at 2pm at Manor Farm. All warmly welcome."

Any local members please feel free to attend, and Pre-war cars very welcome.

I'm sure this will be a very special and uplifting celebration of a life well lived.