Website upgrade

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Website upgrade

Post by Ian Grace »

For a long time I have thought that much of the website is long overdue for an upgrade. Several of the peripheral pages have not been worked on for a decade or more and could do with refreshing and updating.

But it is chiefly the Members' Area that I am particularly keen to overhaul and expand. Much of the content and layout still reflects our origins when we catered solely for the vintage OHC Minors. We took SV Minors under our wing when Gren Strickland decided to move on the fresh fields and we archived the heavily SV-Minor oriented content of his website in the Members' Area under the link to 'The Gren Strickland Archive'. Later, we welcomed more and more M Type owners, and there is really very little Members' Area content specific to the MG.

So the plan is to re-arrange the structure of the Members' Area into OHC Minor, SV Minor and M Type MG areas and strive as far as possible to provide the same depth and breadth of content across all of these three areas. Of course, data common to all three models can reside at the top level. An example is the Bibliography which contains hyperlinks to scans of period magazine articles. We are still missing many of these, and many more are not listed at all. I am working with the National Motor Museum and others to fill in the gaps, and so new many new articles will be uploaded as they come to hand.

If you have any material that you think would be of value to members, please send it in so that I can include it in the upgrade. Also, I'd welcome suggestions for new pages and/or areas of the website that would enhance it for everyone.

I hope to carry out much of the upgrade over the Christmas holidays.
sv4670

Re: Website upgrade

Post by sv4670 »

I for one would welcome a M type specific area but the danger is it would simply duplicate the material on the Pre War Minor and Triple M websites. Not a problem in itself, it is good there is such a mine of information to be explored.
garagiste

Re: Website upgrade

Post by garagiste »

A good idea Derek, would save having to hunt in several places.

Tend to forget where I have seen things that I later wish to refer to and waste time by going to several sites before I find what I am looking for.