The Morris Minor Genome

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: The Morris Minor Genome

Post by Ian Grace »

The rest of the SV Genome has now been collected from Gaydon and will be uploaded to the Members' Area shortly. This now goes right through the GPO vans, so we now have the Genome complete for all OHC SWB chassis and all of the SV chassis. That just leaves the OHC LWB chassis which we'll be collecting in a couple of months.
Toby

Post by Toby »

good work
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks!

I just uploaded a small addition to it this morning - I found the engine number of the Gilg car on one of their Tanganyika entry customs documents, so added it!

Once we get the OHC LWB data in a month or two, then we'll have the entire production recorded.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, we've done it! We now have the OHC and SV Genomes completed, including the OHC LWB models. I'll be uploading the completed files to the website later today.
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Hi Ian,
Many thanks for prompt info regard build data on my Minor. All numbers tally so engine etc is original.

Thanks again for effort.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Good news! After generating the OHC and Minor Genomes, I'm now working on the M Type MG Genome, using the original build data and also adding a wealth of data from the original works chassis cards. The completed M Type Genome will contain all the build dates, body types, colours, registration numbers where known, first owner and a wealth of other data.

Creating such a database will involve hundreds of hours of typing, so I will upload it to the website 'piecemeal' as progress is made.

I have added the file to the Member's Area.