The VMR Magazine

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: The VMR Magazine

Post by Ian Grace »

The Spring Magazine, M 161 is now complete and on its way to our printers in Cheltenham. Expect it to fall through your letterbox around the end of the month!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 161 being posted from Cheltenham today! It includes another great Technical Topics article by Peter Hills - this one on speedometer overhaul.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Magazine M 162 - our Summer issue - finally went to print in Cheltenham this morning. It should be with everyone around the end of the month.

I had hoped to get it to everyone before the Summer Rally, but I simply ran out of time with all of the rally planning. The good thing is that the delay enabled me to include reports on Pre-War Prescott and Pre-War Shuttleworth. However, there was not enough space to also include a report on our Sunday Summer Rally Navigation Rally and Scenic Tour. This will be included in our Autumn Magazine which is now under way. Please send over any articles or input for this issue - thanks!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 163 is at the printers and should be with everyone in time for Christmas.

Just when I thought it was wrapped up, the news regarding SV Minors was announced by the VSCC, so it was back to the PC to re-write the editorial and Register Ramblings!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just six weeks after M 163 went to press, M 164 is being sent this weekend! M 164 is the Winter issue, and the Spring issue (M 165) is due to the printers Early March, which will get us back on track.

As always, please send in any material at your earliest convenience!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 165, our Spring issue - done! Off to the printers in Cheltenham later today. Included is another superb Technical Topics article by Peter Hills, this time addressing vertical dynamo overhauls. Also,a bumper 16-page report on our Australian rally, and so much more!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 166 - the Summer issue was sent electrically to the printers in Cheltenham today. I was hoping to get it out before our Summer Rally, but I simply ran out of time. On the plus side, it now contains a major report on Pre-War Prescott, and a similar report on the Sunday rally will be included in M 167, the Autumn issue. M 166 should be with everyone by the end of the month.

M 167, the Autumn issue, is started - any and all contributions warmly welcomed.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 167 sent to the printers today!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I just realised that M 167 is our fortieth Magazine since switching to the professionally-printed A5 issues. Early members will recall that the first 36 Magazines were black and white photocopied and 8.5" x 11" - all hand printed, collated and stapled.

So we have now had more of the 'new' A5 printed Magazines than photocopied issues!

I still have a number of Tenth Anniversary CDs which contain all of our first 36 issues. These CD files are all in full colour, unlike the photocopied originals. The CD also contains our Yearbooks which were published in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2010.
Let me know if you would like one of these CDs.

I also now have the Adobe pdf files for Magazine M 137 to M 167. Perhaps it is time to issue these forty issues on CD.

M 168 is well advanced and is about half complete. Meanwhile the 2019 Pre-War Prescott commemorative programme is already about 80% complete.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, just a little over five weeks after sending M 167 to the printers, M 168 is winging its way and should be with everyone by the end of the month. Five weeks must be something of a record and was greatly helped by two major articles submitted by Peter Seymour and Tim Stevens. Peter has provided a major article on the formation of Morris Motors Ltd. in 1919 and Tim has penned an in-depth technical article on the three-brush dynamo. And of course there is much more.

M 169 - the spring 2019 issue is now under way and already includes a great article by Guy Harris describing his Minor experiences over the decades. Please send in any and all input - thanks in advance.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

There was a technical hitch at the printers with M 168 just before Christmas, and then the holiday got in the way. I received and approved the proof yesterday, so it should be winging its way around the world in the next few days.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I received by M 168 today - not a bad read!

I'll be posting the US, Canada and Japan copies tomorrow.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The spring Magazine, M 169 was just sent to our printers in Cheltenham today. Apart from much else, it features a fascinating article by Guy Harris on his Minor 2-seater that he bought for five pounds as a student in 1958 and recently re-acquired. The story includes his intervening lifetime of car ownership, including a Minor saloon and MG PA and more.

There is also a comprehensive survey of surviving Semi-sports 2-seaters.

M 170 will contain a similar survey of surviving fabric saloons.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

And M 170 is now at the printers - I just approved the print proof, so with any luck, everyone will have their copy before our Summer Rally - which is fast approaching!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 171 is about to go to the printers. It has been delayed as I wait for the obituary to our founder member Martin Shaw who, sadly, passed away last week, just as I was about to ship the Magazine to the printers.