Nice Hundred Pound Minor being auctioned in March

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Nice Hundred Pound Minor being auctioned in March

Post by Ian Grace »

https://www.hvauctions.com/Morris.html

Being auctioned by Hereford Vintage Auctions - a new auction house started by Pete Williams (Morris special owner adn VMR rallygoer) and friends down in Hereford. Looks virtually 100% correct and road sorted - it will be interesting to see what bids it attracts - particularly as it may well be VSCC-eligible by the late summer :wink:

I have asked for the chassis number so I can get the build data from Gaydon.

Interesting that so many cars of this period have lost their numbers now that advertisers are now pointing to the fact that their cars still retain their original two-letter numbers as a selling point.
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Its lovely, so are the other cars in the auction, the Amilcar and the Austin look so authentic. Lets hope they find good homes. As you say it will be interesting to see how the bidding goes and yes the registration numbers are important - I have refused a car in the past because the vendor has cashed in the number plate. One example was a Vauxhall 14/40 with a virtually unique saloon body, the original number was going to be retained by the vendor and take with it a lot of the historical significance of the car. They would of course think about a separate offer for the number. There is talk of owners being able to opt to make the number non-transferable - good idea we should all go for it!
chris lambert

£100 Minor

Post by chris lambert »

Its a beautiful looking car. I wonder if any of the VSCC mafiosi might be tempted to snap it up as a hedge against the imminent flood of porridge, after all it is grey. :wink: Don't ask me what it means, I just read the stuff they post to their forum!
Does anyone know what alternative colours were available for the 31 two seater?

Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Any colour you liked - as long as it was grey!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just a reminder - this car goes to auction next Saturday.