Wanted: Steering Boss M type/Morris with Adamant box

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

gb

Wanted: Steering Boss M type/Morris with Adamant box

Post by gb »

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, and many enjoyable miles of vintage motoring!

I'm currently rebuilding a steering wheel for an M/D/F type MG (a flat spoke one) that unfortunatley has no centre boss. Does anyone have a suitable Morris boss (with/without the rest of the wheel) that I can buy?

The boss is the tapered, keyed, and centre bolted one that fits the Adamant steering box, with the small 8 bolt fixing for the steering rim/spokes.

I've got an MG 3 spoke pinch bolt wheel (needs re-furbishing) if anyone is interested?

Regards :lol:

Glenn Bukin
07810 682531
MG F1 Tourer, Morris 8 Special and ex M type owner
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Glen,

The Minor 3-spoke wheel has the centre boss and arms cast as one piece, so I don't think it would be suitable without modification. Not sure about the M type wheels, but there is a company who restores and makes new Bluemells Brooklands wheels - the type with miltiple rods for arms. They sell the bosses separately.

Hope this helps,

Ian
gb

Post by gb »

Hi Ian,

thanks for the update, I wasn't sure about the minor's, but looking at all the pix they are 3 spoke, seems that it must only be the M types that used the flat fourspoke wheel(as well as the D and F types) with the Adamant steering box.
I've tried the guy's in Devon, they only make the boss for the Bluemels style cyle spoked wheels not the flat blade, so back to square one and look for an M type one with or with out the outer rim!!

Regards and thanks..
gb

Post by gb »

Interesting, just been looking at teh '34 2 seater for sale on Ebay, that also has the flat four spoke wheel!

Regards :idea: