1934 Minor saloon on eBay

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

1934 Minor saloon on eBay

Post by Ian Grace »

Well I'm damned. Look what just turned up in Toledo, Washington state, about 80 miles from VMR HQ!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-MORRIS-MIN ... Sw241YgmS9

Originally Essex-registered. Grossly over-priced at $4,500, but at least it comes with a trailer! Should I make an offer? :|
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 1934 Minor saloon on eBay

Post by Ian Grace »

Got a little more information on this one. The chassis number is illegible on the frame, but the body has its plate which gives the chassis number as SV26041 which is actually a saloon built in December 1932, so 1933 season.

But the chassis is clearly 1934 season, and the Essex registration number EV 9245 is early 1934, so matches the chassis. I'd expect the chassis to be somewhere in the region of 34/MS/40000.

So here we have two cars made into one. Or perhaps the body was never fitted to this chassis and we're looking at parts of two cars collected by someone?

What baffles me is how someone could have gone to the lengths and expense of shipping the car (or cars!) from the UK to the Pacific Northwest and then let it/them get into this parlous state. It doesn't look like it has ever been road-registered here.

Apparently it was purchased about 15 years ago from someone in Aberdeen, Washington, a remote town out on the Pacific coast.

Hopefully more news shortly.