1932 McEvoy prototype RC 300

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

1932 McEvoy prototype RC 300

Post by Ian Grace »

What must be one of the most significant Minors to come on the market in many years is the prototype McEvoy Special RC 300. Currently owned by Peter Plant, Peter is having to pass it on for health reasons. The car is currently dismantled but much has been spent on the rolling chassis so far, and it comes with much history of course.

Not only is this an historic car, having competed at Brooklands, but because it did, the VSCC has given car a Buff Form, making it eligible for their post-vintage events. As such, it is the only SV Minor ever to have been given a Buff Form.

I would like to see this car go to a VMR/VSCC member so that we might look forward to seeing it in action at VSCC trials and other events in the not too distant future. Peter is asking around GBP 9,750, which seems extremely reasonable for such an historic car.

If you are interested, don't wait too long! Peter can be contacted at peterplant@btconnect.com.
martinng

Re: 1932 McEvoy prototype RC 300

Post by martinng »

This car is now in the VSCC September newsletter, so could still be available for sale.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 1932 McEvoy prototype RC 300

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Martin, I haven't received my copy yet.

Let's hope it finds the right home.

Just taking a break from completing the brake overhaul on the fabric saloon. Fourth brake assembly just going back in. Then it's just the new water jacket side plates to refit before I can take it up the road. Not looking forward to the side plate job as four or five of the old setscrews sheared off in the block and will require some deft drilling and tapping.

Ian