Universal Joints

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

john.newell

Universal Joints

Post by john.newell »

Does anyone know where I can get front and back universal joints from?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Universal Joints

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi John,

If you are referring to the original fabric couplings, the supply of these has been a bit hit and miss over recent years, and prices have been quite variable too. I'd suggest you make two phone calls initially - first to Ian Harris (01462/456330) and second to Mike Dowley of Sports & Vintage (01939/210458), and others might have additional leads.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find out!
Simon

Post by Simon »

There is also another manufacturer who advertises in the Automobile. I have not got a copy with me but let me know if you want their details.
john.newell

Post by john.newell »

Ian and Simon,

Thanks you for your responses. I have spoken to Ian Harris and Mike Dowley and they gave me the following prices:

Ian: 46.50 inc VAT or 35.00 inc VAT (the latter version needs washers bonding on to either side around the bolt holes). P&P is on top.
Mike: 48.00 + VAT + P&P.

Looks like Ian gets the business unless you have found the ad in the Automobile Simon?

John.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The people who advertised in the Feb 11 Automobile are GMS Polymer Engineering, 175 Booth Street, Birmingham, B21 0NU. Tel 0121 551 5440 sales@gmspolymer.co.uk http://www.gmspolymer.co.uk