Christmas virtual pub meet

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Christmas virtual pub meet

Post by Ian Grace »

Ronald wrote:Ian, Mum's curious as to who the 'four' might be.........
You guys, Roger Burnett, Pat Guthrie-Jones, Terry Synnott.

Eberhard, great photos!

Ian
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Thank you Ian! I´m a little bit proud of my grandsons. :wink:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So who is going where on New Year's Day? Photos please - for M 141!
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Not on New Years Day but the day before: http://www.circusflicflac.de/
It´s my second visiting. It´s great, it´s marvellous, it´s something you MUST see! :wink:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Eberhard,

I hope you will also enjoy a little something I booked today for Pre-War Prescott - Fiona Harrison, who performed for us at our 2008 Summer Rally. She will put on two performances at the BBQ in the evening, plus three 45 minute outside performances during the day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Hi Ian,

of course I want to enjoy it! ;-)
I had heard about her (their) crash. Winterberg is in the near of my town - about 100 km. In summer Winterberg is the destianation of many bike-tours and in winter the countryside is yellow of the NL number plates... 8)
garagiste

Re: New Years Day virtual pub meet

Post by garagiste »

Lunch time New Years Day - nobody here!

I wouldn't be but have trapped a nerve in my back, can't work in the garage or drive to the local meeting.

Still things will improve.

Best wishes to everyone for 2012.
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Eberhard wrote:I had heard about her (their) crash.
That´s it when you only know one Fiona H. ... :roll:
Your Fiona is another girl. :wink:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

It's that time of year again! A year ago today, we opened the 2012 Christmas virtual pub meet - although it doesn't seem a year ago somehow.

So the virtual pub is open for business! DO stop by between now and the end of the year and update us on your year - and share a virtual pint with friends all over the world!

It has been another very successful year for the Register with membership numbers continuing to grow, the new all-colour magazine well under way, another hugely successful and enjoyable Summer Rally (who could forget the Spirtfire display) and our inaugural Northern Weekend, which was definitely the best kept secret of the year! The fourth Magazine of the year is about to go to print, and our new printers at Northwest Fine Arts here in Redmond, Washington ahve done a superb job for us.

Over the Christmas break, I'll be cranking up the 2013 rally planning, and it all starts again. But until then, sincere thanks to eqach and all for your support and help, and Jayne and I would like to send our very best wishes and raise our glasses to every member and their families in 18 countries around the world - CHEERS! :D :D :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Last day in the office tomorrow until 2nd January - phew! The last few months have been non-stop bedlam as we get a new flight management computer certified, and which we've been working on for the last five years.

M 144 gets shipped worldwide tomorrow - I'll be finishing the enveloping and packing tonight, even if it takes me into the small hours. :o

In the time off over Christmas, I'm planning an extreme garage makeover - if it stops raining for a day I want to get EVERYTHING out, scrub and paint the floor, then get everything back in again in some sort of order - which it certainly isn't in right now! And in between, it will be all systems GO for planning the 2013 rallies and gatherings - can't believe how quickly they come round again.

Cheers!
Toby

Post by Toby »

white buck in Burley for new years day as usual! just got PJ repaired after the 2012s wear and tear :lol: Wish I had time for more car work..... This was going to be the year for progress :( Looking forward to some time off over christmas as well.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
plj

Post by plj »

Just back from a non-virtual (probably actual!) pub where in between a couple of pints of Harveys Old and a Glenlivet I met an acquaintance who I hadn't seen for a few years. Smashing bloke, one of the best mechanics I've ever known and used to do the odd job for me when something special came into the workshop, during conversation I mentioned my purchase of the Minor and he recalled owning one in his youth, even better he has, if he can find them, a set of N/O/S con rods which I can have. An unexpected Xmas present.
Have a good Christmas.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Philip,

Sounds wonderful - making me homesick! But then I did get to visit a goodly number of real English pubs back in July and I hope to visits many more next July.

Hectic Christmas here in Seattle with the children and grandchildren descended upon us, but lots of fun, and I am lucky enough to be able to obtain a good selection of (bottled) English real ales and plenty of excellent single malts of course.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Merry Christmas from Jayne and I to everyone around the world! 5-30 pm Christmas even at VMR HQ, already well into Christmas Day down under!

Cheers! :D :D :D
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Wish everyone a very Merry Christmas !!
it has been a fantastic year for me , with the minor back on the road after more than
A years hard work , lots of progress on my rover .

Work wise a good year too and family wise a great year with my brother being blessed with a
Son.

Holidaying in Thailand right now .
Wish and hope for peace all over the world.

Best wishes
Karishma and Kartik