Christmas virtual pub meet

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

KartikeyaL

Re: Christmas virtual pub meet

Post by KartikeyaL »

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
plj

Post by plj »

Ian,

Thank you for inviting me to the virtual pub meet.
Must confess have only just returned from my actual Christmas pub meet where I catch up with the ever diminishing number of friends.
I now do this on the 23rd as Christmas eve can get too involved and memories of trying to assemble childrens bikes at 3 a.m. Christmas morning are still painful!!
Having tried a pint of Harveys (of Lewes, you must remember it from your time in E. Sussex) best bitter, then followed by the same brewery's "Old", I moved on to Sharp's Doom Bar, beer not pub, then finished with something, I think, called Flying Scotsman, washed down with some 15 year old Bushmills, Whiskey with an "e".
Having tottered home I can now offer you and all our members a 12 year old Glenlivet, Laphroig, Tanglefoot, Bombardier, or Theakstons "Old Peculiar", if I hear Minors outside I think I will hide under the bed!!

Merry christmas to all and I look forward to sharing a real drink with you all at Prescott, Teesdale (hopefully) plus wherever I can drag my long suffering, but supportive wife.

Regards,

Philip
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

Happy chrismas and a wonderful new Minor-year!
Especially for you my co-worker and me created a small videoclip! (Flash must be installed)

Lieben Gruß aus Deutschland

Eberhard & Gudrun
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Philip,

I have managed to get Bateman's, Fullers, Morland (Hen's Tooth), St. Peters, Sam Smiths and Wells Bombardier here for Christmas, plus a good selection of single malts. Laphroaig is one of my favourites, but I have recently tried other Islay malts - Lagavulin and Ardbeg - their distilleries are a stone's throw from Laphroaig, and both are outstanding. Let's see what else Santa brings...

Plus we have some Veuve Cliquot lined up for tonight - because we finally sold our house in Michigan this morning. After three years of paying two mortgages, what better Christmas present? 8)

Cheers!

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Eberhard und Gudrun,

Wir wunschen Sie ein frohes Weihnachten und eine gutes neues Jahr.

Kein Gluhwein oder Weihnachtsmarkts hier - shade! Aber auch kein Schnee!

Bis Prescott und den Noden Wochenende nachstes Juli,

Ian und Jayne
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This was winter in Michigan - keeps the beer cool! I can't believe we actually survived ten winters there, with temperatures below freezing for weeks on end and down below zero Fahrenheit frequently. The coldest I saw on the car's temp. gauge one morning was minus 11F - that's about corblimey cold. :o

Simon

Post by Simon »

Happy Christmas everybody and a trouble free motoring year for 2012.

Simon
halbe

Post by halbe »

Merry christmas and all the best for 2012 :)

The Tjepkema family
garagiste

Post by garagiste »

Surprise, surprise Christmas Day and there's nobody here. They must all be in their garages/workshops preparing their cars for 2012!

Hope that it is a good year and look forward to meeting other members at various meetings, especially Pre-war Prescott.

Must get back to reaming some bushes.

All the best for 2012.

M type OG2438.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just missed you - was busy opening this little lot. It was a very good Christmas morning. :D

Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

B&B** is for sleeping?

** Bed & Breakfast 8) :mrgreen:
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

I spent a little while today with MT running, i have tried to carry on dad's tradition of getting every car that we own that will run, running......... so MT got a through warm through........... and i nearly died from CO poisoning.........!

Hope everyone had a good day!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Ronald, ready for the Boxing Night Informal then...?! Now that Bill Body is no longer with us, we really should resurrect this in one form or another in his memory. I think we have four current members who participated in the original runs in the early sixties - and all four still have their cars from those days.

Eberhard - the B&B is Jayne's - too sweet for me!
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Ian, Mum's curious as to who the 'four' might be.......... and as for a run on boxing day, it does sound like a good idea, however, i have become a fair weather vintage motorist,... i did a run on new yrs day last yr, only local but about 40 miles.... it was bitterly cold, and i vowed never again..... mind you, i should have put the hood up really......... i just prefer to drive MT in the open air......!
Eberhard

Post by Eberhard »

So this was christmas and a happy new year... :wink:

For this year I told my wife, she would get a great present. Inquiring as women are she always was asking for. "Is it a trailer for my bike?" My mouth was closed... :mrgreen:

Is that a trailer???

8)

Today my son visited us with his family. Maybe that there were great twin-musicians born: