Lakeland Weekend - 25th/26th July

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Lakeland Weekend - 25th/26th July

Post by Ian Grace »

This weekend is a GO!

As of this morning, we have two M Types, a P Type and a post-war Morris MO booked in, and I'm sure that by the time we get to July we will have a few Minors booked in as well. A great weekend is in prospect. Jayne and I did the recce there last year after the Summer Rally/Prescott and we were amazed how quiet the northwest of the Lakes is - even in July. In fact, we were the only guests in the hotel and were treated like family. We even took their dog for a walk along the shore of Loweswater one morning.

Any other takers among our forumists?

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Lakeland% ... _2014.html
martinng

Re: Lakeland Weekend - 25th/26th July

Post by martinng »

Hi Ian, I can only imagine just how much effort you put into organising events for us all to enjoy, but I fear that the Lakeland weekend on 25th / 26th July might be just one trip too far. I will be at PWP the previous weekend and the Morris Register annual rally at Thoresby in early August. The prospect of a 520 mile round trip from Northampton to Loweswater in UF7090 is not to be considered lightly, particularly in light of the calendar I have in mind. (What a wimp - Minors have been to Cape Town and back!!)
I can only hope that there might be more northern members of VMR or those prepared for long journeys who can fill the places and make this event the success it deserves.
Martin
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Don't worry Martin, the whole point of these northern weekends is to give northern members the chance to take part in a VMR gathering. But of course if any southerner wants to enter - they will be hopefully be accepted by the locals!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Entries are arriving. So far we have two M Types, a P Type and an F Type MG!

Any Morrises? Well, yes there is one - a post war MO Morris entered by VMR member Mike Taylor, whose other car is a vintage Austin 12.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Further to the May Neesletter, the weekend is UN-cancelled! The three MG's and Mike Talyor with his fifties Morris all want to go anyway, so we five parties WILL be based at the Grange over the weekend for an informal weekend of touring the Lakes. Anyone else want to join us? Maybe a Minor entry would be good. :o
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Arrived in the Lakes Wednesday for a couple of days of rest before the weekend. Weather here is spectacular, as is the scenery. Just finalizing thd two routes for Saturday and Sunday before everyone arrives this evening.