Spring pub meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Spring pub meets

Post by Ian Grace »

From Janie Maeers today:

"Hi Ian

That is lovely to here that Clive & Martin are coming to the Cock Inn on Sunday 4th May. Phil & I will be there plus any other members of the family who are around.
We look forward to meeting up."

Any others as to make Peatling this Sunday?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This just in from Janie Maeers this morning:

"I'm bombing around in the Minors as much as possible to keep them going. I've also enjoyed a 'Minor Mechanical' lesson from friends at Peatling Magna and planning to have anothershortly!

I will contact Clive H-G and Martin soon re the Peatling Magna meeeting. My mother is keen to invite anyone back to the farm, which will be lovely. We will 'think up' some mini fun run or something - Phil is good at that sort of thing!"

So the invite is to the Cock Inn and also a visit to the farm for lunch and a local run either before or after lunch. There is also plenty of trailer parking at the farm if anyone would like to come from further afield, but it would be super if we can gather a few more Minors to show the family our support at this very difficult time for them. I must also add that it is extremely gratifying to see such an enthusiastic second generation of Minor enthusiasts, using their cars every day. Janie's sister Juliette and her husband Justin are taking on one of the two 1929 tourers and the SV 2-seater 9and they already have an OHC saloon), and the SV 4-seater will remain at the family cottage in Norfolk.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Any reports from today's meets?
moonlight frolic 11

Post by moonlight frolic 11 »

A wet start to the meet at The Old Beams but a dry drive home....just.
Two Minors (mine & Toby's) and also an 8 and a Cowley.
Hope Toby will provide an "official" report but a good time was had by all!
In the meantime here's the two Minors
P1000616s.jpg
P1000616s.jpg (161.43 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
martinng

Post by martinng »

I had a pleasant day driving to Charlecote Park to the M8 Midland Region Drive-it day. I was one of four Minors amongst the 25 or so cars there.
They ranged from a bull nose to a MM1000 and there were several MGs and various others including a Beetle and VW camper van as th epicture shows.
The Minors included a very pretty 1933 saloon and two 2 seaters. A well presented 1932 model and a hybrid that seemd to have a 1930/31 radiator, magna wheels, four speed gear box and 'modern' regstration 98JWN.
None of these cars are listed in the VMR chassis register.
The hybrid
The hybrid
IMGP4223s.jpg (199.07 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Interesting report and photos from Roger Burnett, in Spain:

"As our MG is in the UK, and we are in Spain, we took our 1984 Suzuki 410 for a spin on Drive-it Day. After taps at the hamlet of Molineta, we paused on the way home to admire the view of the Mediterranean."

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

And the winner is ...

I said that thd most meritorious Drive-it Day entry would win a prize, and it goes jointly to Wilf Sentance and Pat Guthrie-Jones who each win a Gilg DVD for turning out in their OHC saloons.

Here's Wilf's winning report:

'I went in my car with Pat Jones in his Minor to the Pheonix where Pat had been told there would be a meet. No classic cars there. We then went on to a pub called The White Hart where they have classic breakfast meets each fortnight through the summer. No classic cars there, so we called in for a drink on the way home at the Shoulder of Mutton. It was raining most of the time, so the result was we both spent an hour washing the cars and drying them before putting them to bed. So that was our Drive it Day.'